WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for a creative, pro-active, and commercially minded Associate Product Development Manager, with a background in fashion and consumer goods. We want your passion and curiosity for gaming, pop culture, and entertainment, to elevate our product offerings to a whole new level!
What You'll Do
- Manage the product development approval process from conceptual designs to post-production; Develops products with internal and external business partners / licensees with the latest trend guides and product development calendar; Ensures key landmarks are achieved, supervising and presenting key information on a timely basis.
- Proactively manages the product approval processes using the Licensing Approvals System (LAS). Review licensee product submissions, packaging, marketing collateral, press releases, TV commercials, and websites in collaboration with internal teams such as: creative, brand, and category managers.
- Provide clear and concise direction on graphic composition, typography, draw-overs and creative notes that guide partners to follow our character models and brand attributes.
- Suggest and visually represent viable product ideas and features that elevate consumer products to a new level.
- Educates licensees and maintain understanding of WOTC tools such as LAS, HCSP, Product and Packaging Style Guides and Approvals, ensuring all relevant materials such as assets, merchant/licensing style guides, and marketing decks.
- Coordinate with licensees to ensure approval of and adherence to brand standards and maintain libraries for marketing collateral/co-op, in-store visual, trade advertising, GTM plans, showrooms, packaging, line sheets, and archival sample lines.
- Participation in cross functional team leadership areas including partnership building, brand management, legal compliance, market research, travel & attend yearly Trade Shows/Sales & Marketing meetings.
- Undertake research projects on an as needed basis, to maintain an up to date knowledge of competitive landscape, product, price and retail trends for the market via comp shops, publications and on-line research etc.
- Serve as a liaison between licensing partners, creative teams, and Hasbro consumer products group.
- Partner with marketing counterparts to ensure successful execution of marketing initiatives
- Act as day to day contact for all assigned categories of business
- Compile information for brand kits/presentations as needed
What You Bring
- 4+ years of licensing experience
- 4+ years of design experience in consumer goods
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required, preferably in fashion design, graphic design or related field
- Advance skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient skills with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- A love for games, pop culture, entertainment, and an appreciation of what brings joy to our fans
- Ability to work in a highly iterative, agile, and creative environment
- Well-versed knowledge of fashion, manufacturing and printing process for apparel, accessories, home textiles and furnishings
- Excellent eye for design, layout, composition, and typography
- Ability to multitask in a high pace, deadline driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and administrative skills
- Experience working with global partners
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.