Gearbox Software is looking to hire a Audio Programmer at their Frisco, TX, USA location. Job contains the tags AAA, Unreal, Unity, C++, Sound and Programmer.
Gearbox Entertainment is looking for a full-time, on-site Audio Programmer to join our game development team. Gearbox has a large audio team and prides itself in pushing the limits of audio technology to deliver compelling, realistic, and memorable audio experiences in its games. As Audio Programmer, you would be responsible for developing and maintaining audio technologies for our engine, building simple and powerful tools to enable the best work from our sound designers, and achieving performance and memory targets. The ideal candidate will have excellent programming skills, enthusiasm for all areas of audio, and will be excited by the opportunity to work closely with sound designers to deliver world-class gameplay experiences.
- Excellent, modern C++ and OOP skills
- Excellent debugging and profiling skills
- Strong understanding of math and digital audio concepts
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
Not required, but we will be impressed by:
- Previous experience in the video game industry, especially with shipped AAA titles
- Experience with sound synthesis, instrument design, etc.
- Familiarity with FFTs, audio convolution, the phase vocoder, etc.
- Understanding of audio filters, their design, and their uses
- A degree in computer science, digital audio, digital arts, or related areas
- Experience in sound design, music composition, or recording
- Deep understanding of the maths of acoustics
- Knowledge of music theory and form
- Unreal engine experience
- Experience with Wwise
- Familiarity and experience with version control systems, esp. Perforce
- Experience with gaming consoles
- Experience with HRTF, Ambisonics, VBAP, and/or other mixing paradigms
- Experience with MIDI, OSC, and/or other audio communication protocols
- Familiarity with dialog systems and their design
Apply for This Job
Job discovered on 8/23/2020