Here at Faraway, we are making massively social, blockchain games. We believe in open
economies, true digital ownership, and most importantly, that “fun” is a store of value.
Our ideal teammates are low ego, hard-working, and self-motivating. Our culture is based around hard work, high ownership, leading by example, and last but not least, always doing the right thing by our community. If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, then continue reading.
About this Role
As the Game Economy Designer for Mini Royale: Nations, you will be spearheading the
systems and economy design, creating a new class of game based on digital scarcity, content ownership, and decentralized governance. You will collaborate with team members and governance token holders to take compelling designs from conceptualization to implementation.
You must have a deep understanding of free-to-play design models, but you must never forget that an open economy and governance model is a paradigm shift in how you must approach the problem.
● Conceptualise, design, and prepare documentation for new features and content
including game modes, meta progression, social rule-based events, among others.
● Create economy models and economic simulations using Monte Carlo and/or stochastic methods such as the Metropolis-Hastings algorithm, Gibbs sampler, Markov processes, Lévy processes, etc. to find harmony in your system and economy design.
● Lead the design of NFTs (and NFT drops), new tokens, and other on-chain items
(Tokenomics), always designing from the player perspective to ensure the highest level
of usability, playability, and balance.
● Work with Producers to schedule and scope features, providing them with the necessary system design documentation and mockups to deliver to art, engineering, and QA teams.
● Research the latest blockchain and free-to-play design models and implement these
best practices into the economy
● Work hard and lead by example.
● 5+ years designing economic models and simulations + familiarity with free-to-play
economy and system design
● Knowledge of macro, microeconomics, pricing theory, and statistics, especially in the
free-to-play gaming industry, with the ability to model problems into quantitative systems, formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game
● Ability to model and simulate planned changes, overall sinks, and sources while
anticipating downstream effects with post-launch analysis to ensure expected outcomes are reached
● Advanced understanding of Excel, SQL, and/or Python + R, SPSS, SAS or other
statistical analysis software
● Collaborative and excels in communicating with product managers, analysts, and executives.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field
● Love for games
● Deep understanding of midcore free-to-play games and live ops
● Experience contributing to risk and profitability decisions in a marketplace setting
● Masters or PhD in Economics with a focus on Mechanism Design
Faraway Inc. is looking to hire a Blockchain Game Economy Designer at their Remote location. Job contains the tags Designer, English and Remote.