The Marketing Manager will focus on developing, planning and executing product marketing plans across all major platforms and through all stages of the videogame lifecycle. Ideal candidate will be a versatile and dynamic leader, influencing stakeholders across North America, Europe, and Japan.
This person will be responsible for several titles within the Japanese developed portfolio, and report into the Senior Manager of Marketing.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage products through their entire lifecycle from early design and planning phase through post-launch.
- Work closely with Japanese development teams on product positioning, features, enhancements, and timelines—utilizing market research and other analysis to aid in the development of existing brands and new products.
- Develop and implement strategic product position, define and set budgets with Senior Manager, create marketing plans, and collaborate for all other cross-functional teams to deliver a fully integrated product launch.
- Plan and develop North American marketing communications, creative briefs, advertising, promotional and PR programs to enhance sales of product(s). This will include consulting with executive management and other Square Enix subsidiaries and working directly with outside agencies in strategic planning, creative execution and media planning.
- Ability to lead and influence decision making across multiple internal teams (Square Enix US, Europe, and Japanese offices) and others.
- Conduct market research and data analysis to define product positioning, as well as monitor competitive activity, marketing campaign metrics, and identify consumer needs, including post-mortems on releases.
- Manage vendor/developer relationships including communication, working with Legal and Business Development on licensing acquiring approvals, and relationship development.
- Ability to analyze varieties of data, identifying marketing trends, and apply data to produce fact-driven recommendations. Strong analytical skills a must to measure campaign effectiveness/ROI and adjust as needed.
- Other related duties as required.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree with business and/or marketing focus a plus. MBA an additional plus, although not required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of marketing consumer brands and product management at a major game publisher or a consumer product company preferred.
- Must have experience working with marketing budgets and strong ability to track, maintain and support all initiatives funneling into total budget. Experience with P&L management a plus, but not required.
- Must have led the development of marketing campaign(s), including strategic development and planning, packaging, leading internal teams and working external vendors.
- Must have vendor/agency management experience, particularly pertaining to the launch of new products.
- Must have a detailed understanding of media (online, social and broadcast), its role within a games marketing campaign, and experience with “core gamer” targeted brands.
- Ability to lead and influence collaboration among cross-functional teams to set and achieve products’ goals and objectives. Ability to maintain strict confidentially with privileged information, and work well with others, within a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment which includes both North American functional counterparts and offshore based production and marketing personnel in Europe and Japan.
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills required. Must be articulate and professional
- Robust experience developing and leading the timely, successful execution of go-to-market planning. Strong preference for experience within video games industry or adjacent industry or category.
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to independently navigate areas of unfamiliarity and apply problem solving.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate a vision across various audiences.
- Critical thinking skills and strong business acumen, with ability to quickly learn and apply learnings to daily decisions and executions.
- Ability to leverage facts and data to influence large groups towards unified decisions.
- Proficient in PowerPoint and excel. Ability to tell story with aid of PowerPoint and use aid to energize and motivate internal and external teams.
- Japanese language skills and experience working with Japanese/Asian corporations (not required, but a plus).
- Strong interest and passion for video games or entertainment a must.
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio (strongly recommended)
- Job knowledge
- Technical credibility
- Attention to detail
- Team Leadership
- Calm and respectful leadership
- Creative Leadership
- Proactive, Positive, and Professional
- Strategic thinking
- Organizational and project management
- Work management and dependability
- Verbal and written communication
- Interpersonal skills, relationship building
- Independent worker (take initiative and work well with little supervision)
- Team player
- Efficient and productive
- Adherence to policies
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position does not require domestic and international travel.
- Due to COVID-19, this role has been placed on a Temporary Work From Home position.
- This job normally operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, laptops, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, and move around the facilities. This would require the ability to lift files/boxes, open filing cabinets, file, bend, twist, stand on stool as necessary. Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision covered for you and the option to add your spouse/domestic partner and children at 2% of premium
- 401K Employer Match
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Policy
- Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Covid Leave,
- Pre-tax benefits (Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA)
- Discount on game purchases and merchandise
Square Enix, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Square Enix, Inc. is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. It is the policy of Square Enix, Inc. that qualified individuals with disabilities not be discriminated against because of their disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. It is further the policy of Square Enix, Inc. to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to HR_RA@US.SQUARE-ENIX.COM. Please note that general employment questions are not addressed here.