Community Channel Manager
343 Industries is looking to hire a Community Channel Manager at their Redmond, WA, USA location. Job contains the tags Unity.
343 Industries, the Xbox Game Studio responsible for the Halo franchise, is looking for an experienced and energetic Channel Manager to drive and execute world-class communications and engagement across our community. At 343, we pride ourselves on maintaining an open and transparent line of communication with the greatest community in all of gaming, and this position is a critical component of our close relationship with players. The Community Team at 343 Industries works together across a wide-variety of responsibilities while operating in a fast-moving, dynamic, and fun environment where no two days are the same.
As the Community Channel Manager, you will develop strategies and drive day-to-day beats across our Halo channels including social media, email, website, and in-game channels to inform our players, amplify marketing efforts, and drive positive engagement with Halo products and services. Additional responsibilities include closely coordinating with internal teams and external partners on marketing activations, identifying and coordinating assets, supporting Player Feedback processes, drive regular reporting and metrics assessment, developing messaging, and ensuring consistency and quality are maintained with every beat, on every channel.
- Develop and execute communication and engagement strategies and tactics for Halo social media and owned channels
- Galvanize Halo fans online and ultimately drive them to in-game experiences
- Create and manage a living schedule for all beats and activations across Halo channels
- Work with stakeholders to develop impactful and effective copy and assets to support communications plans
- Ensure that everything that hits our channels in on-brand, on message, and meets our high quality bar
- Establish key performance indicators and drive regular reporting and analyses
- Grow followers and engagement across Halo channels
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to support business needs, targeted campaigns, and new opportunities for the franchise
- Utilize Halo owned channels in support of franchise creator and influencer engagement
- Assist with Player Voice needs and feedback loops as needed on respective channels
- Support additional 343 Community Team initiatives as warranted
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing successful high-profile, highly-active social media channel
- Expert knowledge of existing and emerging social media platforms, analytics tools, and trends
- Legendary written and verbal communication and copy-editing skills
- Driven, self-motivated person who can operate effectively with minimal direction in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Attention to detail and ability to monitor quality and execution at a micro and macro level
- Growth mindset with a passion for experimenting, analyzing, learning, and improving
- A love of Halo and familiarity with the franchise and community
- Community management, Marketing, or PR related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, PR, Communications, or related field
- Game development / game studio experience
- Familiarity with social media tools such as Sprinklr, Sprout, Opal, and Tubular
- Experience operating CRM email campaigns
- Experience running paid media campaigns
- Successful history working with external agencies
- Familiarity with streaming platforms, content creation programs, and influencer engagement
- Comfortable appearing on camera and participating in live streams
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Job discovered on 6/28/2020