505 Games is looking to hire a Community Manager- China at their Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China location. Job contains the tags Max, Photoshop and Unity.
At 505 Games, community doesn’t just begin when a game is released or end after the latest marketing campaign. The Brand Community Manager supports our games from the initial idea with a developer and after they are in the hands of gamers world-wide. You find, rally, and engage our biggest fans so you need to be a passionate, forward thinker with a knack for building and fostering robust communities through innovative engagement and communication.
The ideal candidate is driven, self-motivated, capable of taking projects from start to finish and is a strong project planner along the way. This individual should thrive in a fast-paced environment and have experience in community engagement and development across multiple platforms, crowd sourcing, customer service, and social media with a focus on China. The manager also needs to maintain strong relationships with internal Brand community managers across the globe, but also product development, marketing, PR, creative services as well as external partners around the globe. Most importantly, this person should coordinate effectively and execute locally the global strategy set by Community Brand managers while providing thought leadership on the latest community building trends and opportunities from China.
- Develop and execute strategies and programs that begin communities, and/or grow communities across multiple platforms and social media in China
- Ability to set analytical controls and KPIs for your programs to ensure efficacy while driving to commercial success
- Create and be the voice of the community for the brands under your purview – Including making social media posts, commenting in forums, conducting interviews, being the face of a brand in live environments, and more as needs dictate
- Plan and execute online and offline community projects and events
- Develop and implement innovative plans and programs that maximize player retention and increase the reach of Marketing/PR communications
- Interface with community daily to foster community sentiment and growth
- Craft and implement crisis communication in communities when called for
- Work with team to develop and track KPIs for community and campaign initiatives
- Create and distribute meaningful reports that track and measure community sentiment for your brands
- Seek and establish collaborations and partnerships with fan sites, influencers, etc., to promote and grow owned communities
- Partner with other teams within the organization (i.e. marketing, PR, creative services, customer support) for large community, social and marketing initiatives
- Provide editorial guidance to the organization on best communication practices for owned communities
- Keep team apprised of key challenges within owned communities and work with team members to resolve any challenges that arise
- Contribute to the establishment of best practices/procedures & identification of new social trends, platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in managing communities, social media channels and content for a gaming, entertainment, large consumer, or technology company
- A passion for current trends in gaming, TV, movies and overall pop culture
- Expert understanding of best practices standards for all social media channels including and not limited to Steam, WeGame, TapTap, Douyin, Weibo, Wechat, Baidu Tieba , Douyin, Toutiao, HeyBox, Bilibili, Huya, Douyu, CC, YY, etc and also have a knowledge of Discord, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram etc.
- Knowledge of social media project management, scheduling, analytics and sentiment monitoring tools.
- Proven experience in defining, developing and implementing community strategy in a brand conscious organization
- Self-motivated and ability to develop new initiatives as well as managing multiple tasks with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with practical experience in writing and editing articles and posts
- Savvy and knowledgeable of social media platforms, APIs, trends and innovations
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and a full workload
- Able to travel as required
- Able to support in set-up, and tear-down of events and tradeshows
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience in photo / video editing software such as Adobe Photoshop and Premiere an advantage
Job discovered on 6/5/2021