Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
** This is a CONTRACT position
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Develop SQL Server ETL procedures and Tableau dashboards for Nintendo of America (NOA) Customer Service, Stores, and Product Testing operations
- Design, code, and maintain ETL routines and dashboards with high quality output using Microsoft SQL Server, Excel, and Tableau.
- Provide expertise working with existing team (contract and FTEs) to create business intelligence stored procedures and reports, including design, development and management of a data warehouse environment used for analytics and reporting.
- Understand the needs of the business and translate those into meaningful reporting that allows for actionable decisions.
- Build standard and custom reports summarizing operational and financial data and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Identify and recommend changes to optimize the ETL environment, implement monitoring, quality and validation processes to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Conduct unit and system tests to ensure that intelligence is consistent with defined needs.
- Design and deploy database table structures, reports, and queries.
- Support implemented BI solutions by monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, and address user questions on functional and technical issues.
- Document specifications for Data Warehouse (DWH) extracts, reports, dashboards, or other outputs