Creative Director - Mobile
Behaviour is looking to hire a Creative Director - Mobile at their Montreal, QC, Canada location. Job contains the tags Remote, Temp and Unity.
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by Daylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
Behaviour Interactive is seeking an industry veteran Creative Director to lead our next wave of successful F2P titles on mobile platforms. This is a unique opportunity to join a successful game studio with big ambitions, working on some of the most exciting intellectual properties in entertainment. This position is within our Montréal-based studio (we are open to exploring the possibility of the position being remote given current circumstances).
As a Creative Director, you will work with a diverse internal team, as well as external partners, to develop and run multiple F2P mobile games from the ground up. You will establish the game’s creative vision including gameplay, look and feel, and broadcast that vision to the entire team, guiding them through the creative process of development and on into data-driven live operations.
Ideally you will have proven experience in the leadership of mobile game development and live operations. Your expertise in low-level retention and monetization techniques should be balanced against your creativity from a visionary level, your strong team leadership skills, and ability to manage external partners.
- Owning and evangelizing the game vision, key design goals, and market positioning for mobile F2P games based on world-class IP
- Communicating effectively with discipline leaders, game development teams, and external partners and clients
- Working directly with external partners, such as brand holders, licensors, and publishers to ensure quality and consistence are maintained throughout the product lifetime
- Directing the design team to conceptualize, implement and fine-tune gameplay mechanics, engagement, and monetization systems, as well as game UI/UX
- Working with Producers and Product Managers to define, prioritize, and maintain the product and release roadmap, including a backlog of features and improvements for the game based on business goals
- Hiring and mentoring designers across multiple products within the studio
- Proposing and pitching new game concepts, be they original or requests from external publishers
- Be an expert in the F2P mobile market and a source of knowledge on trends and best practices
- Being an active broadcaster of industry trends to ensure that our game designs and direction are always compelling, relevant, and profitable
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the games industry in a leadership role
- Released at least one successful F2P mobile game in any genre and saw it through into live operations
- Demonstrable previous work in a design leadership role for one or more F2P mobile games
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally in spoken, written, and digital presentation form
- Experience in leading, managing, and mentoring teams of designers
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Solid and demonstrable understanding of data-driven design
- Possession of a team-oriented mind-set with a positive attitude
- A true passion for creating high-quality games based (both licensed and original) that are fun and profitable
I'm interestedCookies Settings
Job discovered on 6/30/2020