Position at Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly are looking for a Data Integration Engineer to join our CA Live Services Team based at our studio in the heart of West Sussex. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team and have an impact on a wide range of projects within the studio.
In this exciting role, you will be working in a close-knit and flexible team, developing software through design and implementation to system testing, integration, and deployment. The successful candidate for this role will be an excellent communicator and be comfortable and confident working with developers across the studio to understand their requirements. A passion for professional development and a commitment to teamwork is key for this position.
In the role of Data Integration Engineer, playing a key role in providing business critical online games service.
In this role you will be instrumental of the integration process of our online services On a day to day basis, you will be:
- Collecting requirements from our game teams
- Advise developers on technical implementation
- Convert developer requirements into fully documented technical designs
- Implement approved designs
- Provide alternative solutions to gameplay problems
- Design & implement tools to improve development speed, reliability
You will also work with the wider Creative Assembly team, particularly with the game, brand and web teams. Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Extensive experience with a high-level programming language (Python, C/C++/C#, LUA etc)
- Strong engineering principles and a methodical approach to problem solving and software development
- Expertise with automation, CI pipelines
- Experience of working in both Windows and Linux environments
- Strong understanding of version control systems and workflows, commercial experience in at least 1 distributed VCS (git/perforce/mercurial etc)
- First-hand experience at working in memory-constrained and performance-sensitive systems
- Experience working with online services and APIs
- Experience writing high quality and thorough design documentation
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
- UX / UI design experience
- Understanding and working knowledge of HTTP and Restful APIs
- Development experience and passion for online video games
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or a similar discipline
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Avid gamer
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.