Department Manager, Art (NST)
Nintendo is looking to hire a Department Manager, Art (NST) at their Redmond, WA, USA location. Job contains the tags Unity and Art.
Nintendo Software Technology Corporation
Nintendo Software Technology Corporation, based in Redmond, Washington , is a wholly owned subsidiary of the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of video games, Nintendo Co., Ltd., headquartered in Kyoto, Japan. Nintendo Software Technology's mission is to design, develop and deliver the very best video games. We conduct research, use state-of-the-art equipment and review methods of operation so that we may continually improve the quality of the games that we produce. Each person employed at Nintendo Software Technology Corporation is a valued team member and is encouraged to participate in our efforts to create the highest quality games.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Leads and manages the Art department members.
- Oversees the art production schedule and creative direction of the art department staff.
- Develops and ensures quality assurance protocols for artwork.
- May serve as art director for some projects.
- Determines artistic approaches and production methods in the development of products with other managers and leads.
- Responsible for staffing including hiring and performance management for members in art department.
- Resolves art related production conflicts.
- Mentors art department members’ production methods to ensure alignment with Nintendo philosophies.
- Manages art department members’ performance by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
- Applies professional expertise to review, analyze and test products under development as a contributing member of a production team to ensure delivery of Nintendo’s high standard of quality and timeliness.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 15 or more years of traditional and/or digital art production experience including 5 or more years of art team management experience in related industries.
- Strong traditional, digital and technical skills in both 2D and 3D art production and procedure.
- Thorough understanding of interactive entertainment methodologies and production pipeline.
- Advanced knowledge of 2D / 3D art production software
- Analytical skills to plan, develop, and manage the team including formulating strategies and developing necessary policies.
- Knowledge of current Nintendo proprietary 2D / 3D art production tools is preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in art or related field; or equivalent education and experience.
For more information about NST, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
Job discovered on 3/4/2021