At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is on the lookout for talented Director of Data Management & Governance who possess a passion for data strategy and acquisition. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Manhattan.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provide insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data products, data models, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- The Data Management & Governance vertical is heavily focused on evolving our informal data governance strategy and adding standards around the data lifecycle at Rockstar.
- Projects and tasks will have direct value to the business.
- Partner with members of Development, Game, SocialClub, Publishing, and Live Ops teams to establish data governance at Rockstar.
- Establish and govern an enterprise Data Governance, Master Data Management, Product Information Master, Data Quality implementation roadmap including strategic priorities.
- Drive the roll out of an enterprise-wide data governance technology platform, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools, and data architecture.
- Manage the planning, the prioritization, and the execution of the non-invasive data governance strategy.
- Assess and adapt the execution of the data governance program on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of the inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards, and adoption requirements across the enterprise.
- Lead the definition of indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
- Build and develop a global team of data governance professionals.
- 15+ years of work experience in data strategy and acquisition, and information management in a business function.
- 10+ years in leadership and management.
- Bachelor's Degree is a related field is preferred.
- Experience in an agile fast-paced video game or technology environment
- Experience in development and implementation of a Data governance strategy for managing high quality structured, semi structured, and unstructured data (images, videos) across On Prem as well as Public Cloud deployments.
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and significant time pressures.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) required along with strong project/process management skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships while driving for positive results.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- MBA or other related graduate-level degree is desired.
- Proven experience in establishing a successful non-invasive data governance strategy.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies, an asset.
- Game industry experience strongly desired.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.