Here at Faraway, we are making massively social, blockchain games. We believe in open
economies, true digital ownership, and most importantly, that “fun” is a store of value.
Our ideal teammates are low ego, hard-working, and self-motivating. Our culture is based around hard work, high ownership, leading by example, and last but not least, always doing the right thing by our community. If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, then continue reading.
About this Role
As the Director of Product for Mini Royale: Nations, you will be an expert in all areas of product management including monetization and retention mechanics, economy balancing, and game events that support retention and engagement. You will work with multi-disciplinary teams from product conception and throughout production to shape and thoroughly document the product strategy, including feature sets, merchandising, purchasing drivers, pricing, and other success factors. You must have a deep understanding of free-to-play game design and live ops, but you must never forget that an open economy and governance model is a paradigm shift in how you must approach the problem.
● Conceptualise, design, and prepare documentation and user stories for new features
and content including game modes, meta progression, rule-based events, among others.
● Develop a deep understanding of our players: their problems, their needs, their desires, and translate them into exceptional experiences.
● Work with Producers to schedule and scope features, providing them with the necessary system design documentation and mockups to deliver to art, engineering, and QA teams.
● Leverage business intelligence, user analytics, and quant+qual analysis to monitor the
fun and health of the game, economy, and community; prioritize product features that
promote retention and long-term economic health.
● Research the latest blockchain and free-to-play design models and implement these
best practices into the economy
● Work hard and lead by example.
● Must be passionate about games and the interaction of blockchain and gaming
● 10+ years of experience as a PM or Data Analyst on a successful free-to-play game or
highly social consumer product.
● Expert understanding of game system and economy design and player psychology
● Ability to work closely with technical teams to design and implement features and
systems that our community will love
● Advanced Excel/Economy Modeling, Data Visualization, and Presentation skills
● Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics / Economics / Finance, or another quantitative field
● Love for games
● Deep understanding of midcore free-to-play games and live ops
● Experience contributing to risk and profitability decisions in a marketplace setting
● Masters or PhD in Economics with a focus on Mechanism Design
Faraway Inc. is looking to hire a Director of Product at their Remote location. Job contains the tags English, Senior and Remote.
Job discovered on 10/7/2021