At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
What is this role all about?
We are looking for a Director of Talent & Culture to join the leadership team at Tuque Games in Montreal. Through your actions, both strategic and operational, you will help drive the growth and evolution of the studio. In your role, you will structure and operate the studio talent management, put in place HR best practices and manage activities such as recruitment, performance evaluation, team formation and organizational design.
What you'll do:
- Actively participate to the studio leadership team, help define the vision and plan for the studio.
- Provide timely mentorship and advice to managers to develop resolution in handling employee issues and concerns optimally.
- Participate in defining and promoting the employer branding.
- Be a partner in the development and the strengthening of Tuque's studio culture.
- Implement HR methodologies to ensure high performance culture including performance management and employee development.
- Collaborate with the studio managers and lead the recruitment process starting from the analysis of need, to the integration and follow up of talents.
- Build the human resources and recruitment structure required, to optimize growth.
- Operationalize the appropriate HR systems and policies.
- Connect and support other Wizards' business as needed, outside of Canada.
- Ensure an inclusive approach in all areas of the studio.
What you’ll bring:
You have an established reputation as a trusted advisor, influencing with finesse, and with a results oriented focus.
- Inclusive – in contributing towards our culture, sourcing techniques, & assessment practices.
- Innate curiosity – A continuous learner who keeps up-to-date on market trends, industry news, and intelligence insights critical to inform recruiting and HR strategy.
- Influential – able to build healthy interpersonal relationships with Hiring Managers, peers, and cross functional teams alike (Local and Global).
- Leadership - an ability to think strategically and bring changes to organizations.
- Communicative – with openness and transparency that promote a positive working environment and trust across our team.
- Organized – with an eye towards improving efficiencies and simple, scalable processes.
- Self-Starter – with the ability to function independently, while identifying and solving business opportunities.
- Minimum 7+ years of prior HR Generalist, HRBP, and/or Recruiting experience with at least 2 years in a Games Studio environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree, ideally with a focus in business, HR, or related fields. 2-year degree and Equivalent additional work experience may be substituted.
- Knowledge of HRIS applications (SAP); strong project management and analytical skills.
- French and English speaking and writing.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.