Embedded QA Tester (Character Art)
CloudImperium is looking to hire a Embedded QA Tester (Character Art) at their Los Angeles, CA, USA location. Job contains the tags Maya, Character, Test and Art.
Cloud Imperium is looking for an experienced QA Tester to ensure the quality and integrity of Star Citizen and Squadron 42, a record-shattering crowd-funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with amazing visuals.
- Find, report, and verify issues on assigned projects
- Verify features and systems daily and report results to test lead
- Work alongside Developers to provide ad-hoc testing of developing features.
- Work with both Development and QA to create and maintain confluence pages detailing upcoming and existing features.
- Execute and maintain test cases on assigned projects
- Provide feedback to the development team on product features
- Compose daily and weekly progress reports
- Generate documentation on tools and processes
- Identify, and execute testing without guidance for complex and interconnected functionality
- Correctly enter issues into Jira using approved bug writing methods
- Be familiar with bugs that have been entered for the system
- Help establish rules with QA Leadership for how bugs for the system will be formatted
- Document these rules on the appropriate QA confluence page or communicate the updates that you’d like made to the QA information specialist
- Stay up to date with bug reporting methodology and standards
- Work confidently as part of a team or individually
- Synchronize with other departments
- Communicate any major updates about the system to production and development via handoff emails (when needed)
- Establish and maintain specific documentation to aid other QA members in testing a system in case of absence
- Create test plans that encompass all data, and functions of a feature
- Auditing of existing tools and scripts to maintain, and improve testing processes
- Effectively drive and facilitate group tasks, and promote a team environment
- Assist leadership with testing estimates for features based on their scope and complexity
- Other such duties and responsibilities as assigned by Cloud Imperium reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- International travel may be required
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Strong bug-writing and communication skills
- Ability to stay organized, meet strict deadlines and exhibit great follow-through
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced and always-changing work environment
- Detail-oriented and quick learner who works well with a cross-discipline team
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Strong passion for gaming
- 2+ years’ experience as a QA tester in games with previous experience working in online gaming
- Experience testing multiple platforms
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with writing test cases and ownership of feature areas
- Basic programming knowledge
- CryEngine Sandbox Editor experience
- Automated testing experience
- Experience with Maya
This position is offered at our Los Angeles Studio by Cloud Imperium Games LLC.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.
Job discovered on 2/13/2020