Engineering Manager, Computer Vision & Machine Learning, AR/VR
Oculus is looking to hire a Engineering Manager, Computer Vision & Machine Learning, AR/VR at their Zürich, Switzerland location. Job contains the tags VR, Remote, Unity, Physics and Programmer.
Engineering Manager, Computer Vision & Machine Learning, AR/VRAR/VR | Zurich, Switzerland
The AR/VR organization at Facebook is helping people around the world come together and connect through world-class Augmented and Virtual reality (AR/VR) products. With global departments dedicated to research and development in computer vision, machine learning, haptics, social interaction, and more, AR/VR is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. The potential to change the world is immense - and we’re just getting started.
Augmented and Virtual reality will transform the way people come together to work and play. By developing new hardware and software products capable of understanding human appearance, movement and expression, we aim to make it possible for people to feel like they are directly in front of each other, despite being separated by vast distances.
Our XR People organization in Zurich is focused on research and development of machine perception technologies from early concepts to production level across all of Facebook’s AR/VR products and surfaces including Oculus products and Family of Apps (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp). We develop core capabilities across a range of product domains including Avatars, AR/VR remote presence / calling, AR Commerce, AR Sharing, and more.
In this role you will both manage and partner with groups working across the full spectrum from research to product development supporting multiple product lines. You will oversee technical investment portfolios comprising state-of-the-art computer vision, machine learning and software engineering technology areas spanning object detection, segmentation, tracking, 2D and 3D key point estimation and surface reconstruction, generative methods such as GANs, photorealistic rendering, and more. You will also be responsible for developing longer-term technical and product strategies in collaboration with key partners.
Prospective candidates should have sufficient technical depth and breadth in the associated set of technologies to make portfolio management, resourcing and roadmap decisions.
- Leading an organization comprised of applied scientists and engineers from prototyping across development and integration of advanced systems relying heavily on Computer Vision and Machine Learning technologies
- Owning the development of system requirements, and collaborating with respective teams to mature and integrate technologies necessary to create product architectures that can deliver these requirements
- Engaging cross-functionally with other researchers and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline across hardware, software, integration, infrastructure, and applications
- Recruit world-class talent and provide mentorship to team members
- Working closely with various organizations to define and execute the long-term strategies and roadmaps
- Coordinating with research, user research, art, partnership and legal to both define and execute technology development with key partners & suppliers
- Developing and communicating technology development strategies and status
- Facilitating and working with the team to proactively alleviate project bottlenecks
- BS or MS degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience of building and managing high-performance teams in multi-disciplinary global organizations at the intersection of tech and product
- Experience supporting an engineering and research organization through technical leadership
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting and managing technical teams comprised of Computer Vision and Machine Learning scientists and engineers
- Experience in managing teams productizing Computer Vision and Machine Learning technologies from conception to end
- Technical experience in leading teams and projects in one or more of the technical domains of machine perception (i.e., machine vision, deep learning, sensors and robotics)
- Leadership and interpersonal communication experience in working across many disciplines, drive best practices, and mentor team members
- Experience managing joint hardware-software development and associated rapid prototyping projects
- PhD in a related field of Computer Vision or Machine Learning
- Experience in leading teams developing social presence technologies such as detection, segmentation and tracking of human faces and bodies in video streams, 3d shape estimation, AR effects, avatars and virtual try-ons
- Experience in leading teams interfacing with HW (sensors, silicon) teams in setting requirements and product tradeoffs
- Flexibility and resilience in a dynamic environment
Ready to Join?
Oculus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Oculus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job discovered on 8/24/2020