At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for a passionate and talented Environment Concept Artist who possess a passion for creating memorable and iconic environments.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s game development studio in Bangalore, India.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Concept Artists develop interior and exterior environment concepts to support our world creation team.
- We work closely with the Visual Development team to ensure and visualize the art direction for the game.
- We craft detailed concept art and paintovers for 3D artists and designers to implement into working game spaces.
- We collaborate closely with other disciplines to build environments that are both narrative and visually cohesive.
- Work closely with Art Directors to create high quality, realistic environment concept art.
- Conduct research and reference gathering to aid in the development of an area.
- Create quick sketches to assist in the visual communication with our art, animation and design teams.
- Pursue a high quality of both aesthetics and visual storytelling.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with art leadership and directors.
- Participate in R&D and problem-solving to reach artistic solutions to technical problems.
- Art degree or similar experience.
- Passion for contemporary culture, including video games, film, and art.
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop.
- Exceptional traditional life drawing and painting skills.
- Knowledge of perspective, composition, and use of light and color is essential.
- Ability to work in a variety of styles, ranging from very graphic to photo realistic.
- Willingness to both comprehend and successfully work within restraints of the medium.
- Work effectively within a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem-solving skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience in crafting visual designs that support gameplay-oriented goals.
- Working knowledge of 3D art techniques & software packages such as Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, Zbrush, Mudbox or Marvellous.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape-painting and illustration.
- Have shipped a AAA PC or console title as a concept artist.
- Additional proficiencies in 3D, sculpting and or painting software a plus.
- Practical Industry experience a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.