As the Esports Merchandise Lead, you will collaborate with the Consumer Products, esports, Game and Regional teams across the company to identify licensing and merchandising opportunities that support Riot’s eleven current (and future) esports Leagues. You will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy for the consumer products esports licensing and /or Direct-to-Player business including the product lineup, distribution, marketing and business development efforts. You will report to the Head of Global Consumer Products.
- Drive all aspects of the esports consumer products business, including licensing, retail partnerships and ecommerce strategies, including business planning, business development, structuring agreements, and reporting.
- Establish a solid discipline including installing the appropriate approval milestone process with the relevant in-house Esports, Game, and Regional teams. Lead regular reviews with each Licensee and manage the financial forecasting of this business
- Manage internal Riot teams and dynamics related to their processes and operations
- Align with Consumer Products, Business Development and Esports teams to ensure opportunities complement other brand discussions driven by those teams
- Develop an executable 3 year plan for esports consumer products in partnership with relevant teams, including business model mix, product mix and roll-out plan for our leagues
- Constantly analyze the rapidly evolving esports landscape, focusing on consumer products deal and partnership opportunities that will support the growth of Riot’s esports initiatives. Lead deal development and prospecting, sourcing, and negotiating/closing; this includes proactively identifying potential business partners and negotiating agreements
- Apply expertise in each of the relevant licensed categories and act as the resource for these categories. This includes developing a thorough understanding of the product line, the market, competitors, and all capabilities of the Licensee
- Work with both in-house creative teams and key Licensees to develop a creative design process for the product pipeline
This role requires an experienced leader who can roll up his/her sleeves, operating in a highly entrepreneurial environment to drive this business. More specifically, the successful candidate must possess the following skills and experiences:
- Minimum 10-12 years of experience developing both softline and hardline licensed products
- Progressive leadership roles in consumer products and sports merchandise with strong fluency in sports licensing, managing the full life cycle of licensed product goods for wholly-owned properties
- Reputation for successfully cultivating both internal and external relationships with clear knowledge of key Licensees by category, manufacturers and retailers, and full supply chain understanding
- Recognition as a relationship-builder and the ability to influence and gain alignment with brand owners
- Demonstrated leadership skills, comfortable operating in a hands-on style consistent with fast-growing startup businesses
- Strong program/project management skills with ability to drive planning, schedules, estimates, budgeting, resource plans and status reports
- Exceptional written, listening, and verbal communication skills
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.