As Esports Product Manager you will report to a Product Lead from the Europe and MENA esports leadership team. You will act as the MENA specialist, using your skills, knowledge and contacts within the region to help product teams ensure what they are developing resonates with players in the region.
Your strategic vision, entrepreneurialism, leadership, operational excellence and passion for esports will help you to establish new standards of greatness for esports in the MENA region. You'll work together with the product team craft experts and operational partners to bring out the highest-calibre competition that connects with players across the region.
- Conceive and execute strategies that compel players to make pilgrimages to Riot esports events that'll leave them with positive, powerful experiences and memories
- Work across all esports titles in the portfolio, including Wild Rift, VALORANT and League of Legends
- Work with craft experts in various product teams and use your in-depth understanding of the region to deliver experiences that resonate deeply with players
- Liaise with local operating partners when a local experts touch is required
- Identify and evaluate appropriate business opportunities for Riot’s MENA esports, conduct due diligence, and make recommendations with local and international esports teams
- Maintain a deep understanding and current awareness of the esports, sports and entertainment industry
- You guide teams down the right paths even if they’re unpopular or difficult to traverse to ensure they provide optimal value; your unshakeable confidence and cool head makes others look towards you when sirens are blaring and all hell is generally breaking loose
- 5+ years of experience in entertainment, sports or media marketing, or large-scale event production and promotion.
- Educated to BA/BS level
- 5+ years of professional experience in product or project management
- You cultivate contacts that add value to esports; you know how to negotiate with vendors, partners, and sponsors
- Knowledge in project management, data analysis, marketing and digital channels are necessary.
- You have a track record of thoughtful leadership and high-level decision-making based on clear strategic goals and priorities; you can build a team from scratch
- You’re fluent in English and Arabic, including all the jargon and lingo that gets shouted in-game
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Travel allowance
- Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!