At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in
Are you a game production visionary with a kids-eye view of the world?
We’re seeking an Executive Producer to join our newly formed kids games studio and help us craft the next big kids gaming and entertainment IP. Reporting to the Studio Head of the Wizards Kids Studio, we will initially work as a small strike team as we iterate on and define our vision. We'll explore treatments of existing Wizards/Hasbro brands in addition to completely new ideas to entertain a new generation of gamers. Then you'll build a diverse team to bring our shared vision to life. Share your passion for crafting products and guide us into the future of kids interactive entertainment!
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with peers in crafting the vision for games and IP for kids 6-12. Cultivate awesomeness and business impact across gameplay, entertainment, and merchandizing
- Drive end-to-end game production, including project scope, planning & scheduling, processes & tools, budgeting, staffing, technology, design, art, audio, localization, QA, and live services
- Coordinate and own P&Ls and operating budgets for a game studio
- Hire, manage, encourage, and nurture a diverse group of game professionals to be leaders in their craft and grow in their careers
- Build positive relationships with internal teams and external partners by seeking shared success
- When it is considered safe to do so, be willing to travel to meet with development partners
What You'll Bring:
- Proficiency in video game production, especially for console and PC. A strong mix of creative, technical, innovative, and managerial experience from the video game and online entertainment spaces.
- Insight into the gaming preferences of young gamers and the adults who purchase games for them, coupled with a test-and-learn approach as you seek game elements that contribute to player happiness
- Ability to communicate in a way that is inspiring, elegant, and clear, as you manage projects and empower people effectively under deadlines and in complex and fluid business environments
- Rapid iteration of ideas: eager to seek out new perspectives, absorb feedback, pare it back to its core, and then fuel even better ideas
- Empowering and inspiring leadership with a diplomatic and collaborative approach and seeking diverse perspectives
- A tuned “kids-eye-view” and sense of humor along with a love of kids entertainment and games including foundational knowledge of leading properties and staying on top of current trends
- Care about being excellent at your craft, helping others to succeed, and contributing to raising the bar on what it means for Wizards to be an industry leader
- Able to efficiently work from home, collaborating and sharing virtually until we return to the office
- Extensive production experience in video games for kids 6-12 with multiple shipped titles and including team leadership: 5+ years required, 10+ years preferred
- Has completed at least 1 full development cycle in an Executive Producer or comparable position for a shipped AAA game
- Experience managing and nurturing a full spectrum of game professionals to executional experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please contact email@example.com.