NCSoft is looking to hire a Fraud Analyst at their Bellevue, WA, USA location. Job contains the tags AAA and English.
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same.
We are looking for a Fraud Analyst to join our Payments and Fraud Team as a subject matter expert for e-commerce fraud and loss prevention and a point of contact for fraud related investigations and customer support escalations. You will analyze payment and account activity as well as in-game economy trends across all NCSOFT products to help us identify, combat, and prevent fraud and behaviors that facilitate fraud. We are looking for someone with a burning curiosity about players and our games, and who can go deep to find answers and bring back actionable insights. You will also act as liaison between the customer service fraud team and external payment processor representatives and internal product development studios.
Why join the Customer Care team?
- You are a passionate gamer. You will join us in supporting multiple AAA titles. We are all gamers and we love helping our fellow players!
- You enjoy creating positive user experiences. This is at the core of what we do. You think about how we best prevent players from having to contact us and how to make their interactions with our team seamless. You learn from negative feedback and get satisfaction from positive outcomes.
- You love a challenge. You will encounter daily opportunities to overcome new challenges and problems. You thrive in a fast-pasted, high-volume work environment.
- You love to share your knowledge and experience. We know our games and our player base inside and out and we leverage that knowledge to drive improvement. You are good at finding ways to best impart your knowledge to internal teams and our customers.
- Perform daily and weekly fraud mitigation tasks.
- Run reports based on account, payment, and in-game activity to identify, combat, and prevent fraud and behaviors that facilitate fraud.
- Act as advisor and point of contact for fraud related escalations and questions about fraud processes and reporting.
- Efficiently resolve and respond to fraud related customer contacts while maintaining high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Work closely and collaboratively with all internal and external teams (payment providers, game support teams, development studios, business intelligence teams, etc.) to analyze and mitigate in-game and payment fraud trends.
- Provide the Senior Fraud Analyst and customer support management with metrics, analyses, and other relevant reports about in-game and payment fraud issues when required.
- Perform ad-hoc fraud investigations based on business needs.
- Suggest ways to improve fraud rules, processes and business practices in general to better combat and prevent fraud.
- Use SQL, Tableau, and other tools to query financial and gameplay data.
- Complete tasks and projects that are assigned by the Senior Fraud Analyst and customer support management that may not fall into the scope of the daily routine.
- Stay actively engaged in our games and develop an understanding of game mechanics including gameplay and economy.
- A passion for games and the gaming industry.
- In-depth knowledge of in-game and payment fraud processes and procedures.
- Familiar with MS SQL and Excel to pull and build reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service sensibilities.
- Strong problem-solving & analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented and well organized.
- Highly motivated team player with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- Ability to train others and impart knowledge effectively.
- Ability to work with diverse groups, including those who speak English as a second language.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends when required.
- Ability to travel domestically both within the United States and internationally outside of the United States.
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Experience in MMORPG Support or related applicable experience.
- 1-3 years of experience with in-game and payment fraud processes, procedures, and tools.
- Working knowledge of SQL or similar.
- Experience with outsourced support teams highly desirable.
- Working experience with Braintree, PayPal, Iovation/Transunion and Kount an advantage.
- Experience playing NCSOFT games.
- Experience with other Business Intelligence backend and analytics applications.
Job discovered on 6/9/2021