Lionheart Games is looking for an experienced Game Client Programmer with a strong desire to contribute to every aspect of development, and who knows what it means to take responsibility and deliver excellent results. You have the skills and knowledge to visualize how a game should work, and you can translate that into functioning code that our players can enjoy.
Joining us means being part of a team with the passion and inherent drive to create innovative, high-performing games. We are intellectually curious and excited to apply the latest game development innovations to our projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial environment that embraces new and different ideas. Everyone at Lionheart Games is excited about creating the best mobile games possible, and we empower one another to learn and grow from our collective experiences. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
- Involvement in all areas of game development, including, graphics programming, game logic, AI, user interface, game enhancements, engine defect corrections, and other technical matters for performance.
- Support and contribute new ideas to game design.
- Write clear, maintainable, and portable code.
- Independently design and develop complete solutions from scratch.
- Proactively identify technical risks and issues for the team.
- Contribute to the technical design documentation process.
- Contribute to hiring developers, including resume reviews, technical screens, and active recruiting.
- Understand and articulate the trade-offs between technical and design choices, and solve for the best player experience.
- 3-5+ years of professional game development at an established studio.
- Mastery of C++ in a game development environment and experience with several other languages.
- Wide understanding of different game technologies (AI, gameplay, graphics, tools, physics, etc.).
- Project planning experience as a lead programmer or above for an online, multiplayer released game.
- Thrive in an environment of independence and responsibility without assigned tasks.
- Great interpersonal skills; humility and respect when receiving comments from your team.
- Unreal Engine 4 and/or mobile game development experience.
- Passion for mobile games and software development.
- 7+ years of applicable games industry experience.
- Graduate (or higher) education in the field of Computer Science.
- Experience with networking and online multiplayer games for mobile devices.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or similar discipline (Math, Physics, Engineering), or equivalent experience with applicable game development, indie projects, or mods.
Lionheart Games is looking to hire a Game Client Programmer at their Atlanta, GA location. Job contains the tags C++, Unreal, AI, AAA, Senior and Programmer.
Job discovered on 11/6/2019