For a new prototyping team Paladin is looking for a hands-on Game Designer. You are responsible for making sure that the game design aligns with the vision for the project. You possess a creative mind, and hands-on skills, ensuring rapid iterations in a small multidisciplinary team.
During the prototyping phase you will be part of a small team working full time in our studio in The Hague. Working on site will be in accordance with government regulations and guidelines.
More details about the project and position will be provided during the first interview.
- Game experiences that challenge and delight the player
- Compelling designs in line with the overall vision for the game
- Communicate the game design’s vision in a clear and concise manner to the rest of the team
- Passionately represent the interests of the player in every step of development
What we are looking for:
- Excellent understanding of the creative game design process
- Passion for innovation combined with a practical and iterative mindset
- Experience with Unity
- Knowledge on all elements of game design
- Creativity and imagination
What could help:
- Physics based game experience
- Multiplayer game experience
- Experience working with existing IP
- Avid game jam participant
- Creativity: You are able to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions
- Accountability: Taking responsibility for your own actions and those of your colleagues
- Flexibility: Adapting to reach a certain goal
- Initiative: Recognizing and creating opportunities
- 2+ year of experience, and shipped at least 1 game
- A strong passion for making games
- Experience with design and prototyping
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are willing & able to work at our basecamp in The Hague when required
- Able to work 40 hours per week
Are you qualified?
We would much rather read your application, than miss out on a great candidate. So please apply if you are interested!
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Fellowship: We are in this together
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team
- Positive, healthy work environment
- 25 days of vacation and 5 additional national holidays per year
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- Remote work possibilities & flexible hours
- Competitive salary, a pension plan and other benefits
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 35 knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
- Cut The Rope Remastered - A remaster of the legendary Cut the Rope puzzle game!
- Good Job! - Climb the corporate ladder one office-themed puzzle at a time
- Stormbound – Tactical CCG combat with beautiful visuals
- My Tamagotchi Forever – The 90s reborn on your smartphone!
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, follow the link to fill in the application form.
Paladin Studios is looking to hire a Game Designer at their The Netherlands location. Job contains the tags Unity and Designer.
Job discovered on 11/5/2021