Gameplay Programmer (C++/UE4)
Redstone Interactive is looking for a talented Gameplay Programmer to help us make and support our current game “Beyond the Wire”.
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will be responsible for the implementation of new gameplay mechanics and systems. You’ll take ownership over features assigned to you and will collaborate with other programmers, game designers, producers and QA testers. Additionally, you’ll be tasked to maintain and improve existing gameplay systems and identify optimization opportunities.
An analytical, solution-oriented mindset and a can-do attitude will make you a great fit for Redstone Interactive. Experience in game design, being familiar with a wide range of FPS games and intuition about good design is a plus.
- Responsible for the implementation of gameplay system and mechanics
- Work closely with the design team
- Maintain, expand and optimize existing gameplay systems
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Perform profiling and performance tuning of code and gameplay systems to remove bottlenecks
- Perform testing and documentation of source code
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Network with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
Qualifications & Requirements:
- At least 2 years working with a professional game development team
- Advanced experience with Unreal Engine 4 including Replication
- Advanced C++ programming skills and knowledge of modern C++11/14/17
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices
- Good knowledge of code optimization and profiling tools
- User-oriented thinking
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Experience with source control management and ticketing systems
- Very passionate about games
- 3 weeks paid vacation (prorated) and 2 weeks paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- More benefits are available for employees living in Canada
- 3 months probation, long-term contract afterwards
If you meet the above qualifications, and RSI sounds like the kind of company you would like to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter, a copy of your resume and a copy of your portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Redstone Interactive is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Redstone Interactive, LTD is looking to hire a Gameplay Programmer (C++/UE4) at their Remote location. Job contains the tags C++, Unreal, Tech, English, Remote and Programmer.
Job discovered on 9/29/2021