Gameplay Programmer - MMORPG
We are looking for an experienced gameplay programmer with excellent coding skills and a good understanding and feel of MMORPG game design. Together with a small team of co-workers, you will be joining our mission of creating the next generation of Free-to-Play PC / cross-platform MMORPGs.
As a gameplay programmer working on Ember Sword, you will be designing and implementing gameplay systems and features in close collaboration with our CTO, your fellow programmers, and the design and art team.
We’re a team of experienced developers and passionate MMMORPG players at heart, and we’re offering you a chance to join us at the very frontier of modern MMORPG development where we’re pioneering not just the genre, but the Free-to-Play business model as well.
An open and motivating work environment and company culture is important to us. We strive to ensure every team member’s input is heard and we encourage open discussions of alternatives throughout the development process. This includes every team member being invited to the weekly progress & updates meeting.
Ember Sword early Gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9v5fnMyAd4
More game info at: https://embersword.com
- A creative coder with a strong feel for gameplay and design
- Passionate about games, gameplay and game development
- Open to direction, feedback, and discussion
- Someone with a strong work ethic, solid communication skills and fluent in English
- A person who understands performance and size optimization techniques
- Excellent coding skills, specifically in C# and golang
- Experience with vector math (basic knowledge is a requirement)
- Experience with implementing interlocking gameplay systems in close collaboration with designers
- Experience with Unity3D (General coding knowledge. ShaderGraph and/or DOTS knowledge is a plus)
- 5+ years of experience in the industry – we’re open-minded and gladly talk with enthusiastic applicants with varying levels of experience
- Bachelor in computer science or equivalent qualifications
What will help you stand out?
- Experience with networking
- You love MMOs and/or RPGs
- You have shipped a game on PC/Browser
- Experience with developing a game alongside a passionate community
- Experience writing shaders / Unity Shader graph
- Experience with Unity DOTS
- We have a very agile approach to development, with a very flat hierarchy
- A job in a fast growing international startup with huge ambitions and a dream project
- Lots of responsibility, and a chance to shape your own role as we grow.
- A bunch of fun colleagues
- Job start is “as soon as possible”
- The work hours are flexible
- Salary depends on qualifications and seniority (including potential stock-option plan)
- This is a full-time position. It is unsuitable for remote employees
- We are continuously reviewing applications
About FortemWorks and Ember Sword
FortemWorks is a development studio working on the upcoming Free-to-Play MMORPG Ember Sword.
As gamers, we find ourselves chasing the hallmarks of our past for a fleeting sense of nostalgia, only to be let down as we discover the same reinvented wheel. With Ember Sword, we plan to set the wheel ablaze and from its ashes will rise an experience that could start a new era in gaming history.
We hire people who are genuinely passionate about changing the games industry for the better. We're excited about carving a new path forward for gameplay and monetization of Free-to-Play player-driven MMORPGs – and we can’t wait to have you join us!
WANT TO APPLY?
Send CV + Application to email@example.com
FortemWorks is looking to hire a Gameplay Programmer - MMORPG at their Aarhus, Denmark location. Job contains the tags Programmer, C#, Unity and English.
Job discovered on 12/4/2019