Games Producer, Classic Games
Blizzard is looking to hire a Games Producer, Classic Games at their Irvine, CA, USA location. Job contains the tags Producer.
Some of Blizzard's most epic experiences that have brought endless hours of replayability and intense multiplayer battles are now looking for a hero to evolve and carry them into the future. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made it more difficult to share these experiences.
Whether it’s battling the Zerg in the Koprulu sector, staking your claim in Azeroth, or saving the High Heavens from the wrath of Diablo, these titans are being modernized to new heights and need a versatile champion to embark on this journey with us to create new adventures. You should be spec’d into engineering talents, passion, and armed with a fierce hunger to modernize technology.
So, if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you.
- Drive the completion of project goals and facilitate communication, organization, and accountability across all departments
- Anticipate and manage risks outside your immediate scope, then collaborate to find solutions
- Work to clear roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals
- Own the development and communication of schedules, roadmaps and day-to-day tasks
- Empower, motivate and support to your team to ensure project success
- Partner with leads to make informed decisions on work methods, development pipeline, priorities, and resource allocation
- Help define and communicate dates and deadlines to the team in an effective manner and drive the completion of goals
- Facilitate and manage healthy communication throughout the team. Champion the team and its members. Foster a culture of open collaboration and trust
- Laud achievements, shield troubles and lead responsibly
- Contribute to a positive and constructive work environment
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a producer or project manager
- Shipped at least one game or multiple large live updates
- Familiar with the game development process
- Skill to communicate effectively, correctly, and succinctly with key stakeholders
- Ability to work with team leads and directors to align priorities
- Strong project and people management skills
- Calm and deliberate within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to drive towards clarity; strong collaborative problem solver
- Knowledge of software development and project management, including agile frameworks
- Experience with online games
- Proficiency using Jira, Confluence, or comparable applications
- BA / BS (or equivalent)
Job discovered on 2/14/2020