ArenaNet is looking to hire a General Manager at their Bellevue, WA, USA location. Job contains the tags Unity.
WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months continuing to over 16 million accounts today, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions.
We are looking for a General Manager to lead the design, development, and live operations for Guild Wars 2. The General Manager will participate in strategic leadership team for the company and drive the growth of the studio.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with stakeholders to drive product/service definition and design
- Coordinate with the product and discipline leaders to build the product and services, manage day-to-day development issues, and identify and drive creative solutions for any problems that arise
- Work with executive stakeholders to drive product/service definition and design
- Coordinate and lead efforts across a large cross-functional team, including Marketing, User Research, Localization, Business Development, Licensing, Legal, and other diverse groups
- Drive the specification, scheduling, status, and exec review processes for the studio
- Contribute to the strategy and business model for the product line, and take ownership of the roadmap
- Reconcile business and creative needs to create inspirational product with successful business models
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Demonstrated experience owning and delivering successful game development or technology business
- Demonstrable passion for driving high-quality and engaging user experiences
- Experience managing a large game development team
- Free to Play game development and live operations experience
- Clear understanding of F2P monetization best practices and techniques for driving sustained revenue growth in F2P products
- Experience developing and operating online games in the FPS, RTS, RPG or MMO genres
- Proven ability to partner effectively with cross-functional disciplines, and to influence effectively where there is no direct authority
- Data-driven approach to decision making
- Open for feedback and ability to thrive in a fast paced, constantly iterating environment
- Knowledge and experience in online games development, publishing, and operations
Job discovered on 10/13/2021