Within Blizzard is a one-of-a-kind creative agency that develops visionary marketing solutions for the world’s top selling games and esports experiences, including online, television and mobile advertising, packaging, outdoor, retail advertising and more.
Overwatch League represents one of the first truly global esports leagues, combining the best of traditional sports and esports. Overwatch League saw great success in its inaugural season as they signed 12 world-class teams, launched compelling programming to a diverse international audience and quickly became the most commercially successful esports program in history.
Overwatch League is looking for a graphic designer to maintain and help progress the league’s brand aesthetic on industry-leading creative across multiple mediums. You should bring your passion for creativity, esports, video games, music, sports, movies and other elements of pop culture to your design.
If you’re passionate about design, have the drive to generate high quality visual content, and want to be on the cutting edge of esports culture, then polish your portfolio, update your resume and send us your application. We’re ready to meet you!Responsibilities
- Craft dynamic brand integration in all aspects of media including social, broadcast, events, marketing and consumer products
- Create web graphics day-to-day, as required, to maintain existing Overwatch League sites
- Create graphics for gameday communication across social media which include: match recaps, score recaps, weekly schedules, daily schedules, team-of-the-day announcements, and other bespoke reactive graphics as needed
- Tackle complex visual problems and turn them into breathtakingly clear designed solutions that reinforce the Overwatch League Brand
- Collaborate with a team of creatives to ensure a high-level design consistent with Blizzard’s long tradition of quality products
- Create motion graphics to promote and enhance content across social media, owned and operated, and paid media channels.
- 4+ years working in Graphic Design or related role
- Bachelor's degree in art, design, media, related field or equivalent work experience
- High levels of creativity; demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts, designs, and ideas
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. Specifically: Photoshop, illustrator, Premiere, and After Effects
- Knowledge of social media platforms, associated media requirements, and best practices
- Deep understanding of design fundamentals and the ability to apply Blizzard brand values on a wide variety of projects
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with frequent priority shifts
- Understanding and familiarity with Overwatch and Overwatch League design themes
- High levels of creativity, and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts, designs, and ideas
- A passion for esports, video games, music, sports, movies, graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Knowledge of 3D rendering applications (Maya, Cinema 4D, etc)
- Understanding of post-production with After Effects and Adobe Premiere (or equivalent package)
- A passion for story, art and conceptual thinking
- Experience with illustration and painting
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Be willing to complete a test if requested to do so