KLANG IS A WELL-FUNDED ENTERTAINMENT STUDIO EXPLORING THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY THROUGH VARIOUS FORMS OF MEDIA. WE AIM TO PRESENT DEEP, MEANINGFUL SUBJECTS IN A WAY THAT'S CAPTIVATING, EASY-TO-DIGEST, AND ENTERTAINING FOR ALL AGES.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
You want to dig deep and build compelling systems for a highly ambitious AI-driven MMO simulation game with a unique art style? Klang is looking for a Game Engineer with a focus on Graphics who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment to join us in one of the most exciting cities on the planet!
What You'll Do
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of designers, artists and programmers to prototype and implement new systems
- Collaborate with the QA staff to identify and fix bugs
- Develop game features through every step of the development process, from initial design all the way to live game support
- Identify technical and developmental bottlenecks and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Provide input on the technical direction for an ambitious MMO project
- Build and maintain great documentation
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- You are well experienced with the Unity Engine/Editor and the C# programming language
- You know the modern graphics pipeline and the Unity Renderpipeline(s) built on top
- You know how to differentiate between fundamental concepts and implementation variations/details
- You know how to work within constraints and find appropriate solutions
- You have some knowledge of the 3D graphics asset pipelines and tools. (e.g. Blender, Max or Maya)
- You quickly pick up new tools and systems
- You communicate exceptionally well within an interdisciplinary team in an open and honest environment
- You are confident in your work and care about the quality of what you produce
- You are able to communicate fluently in English
- You are curious, always eager to learn new things- and to teach them back to the team!
- You have experienced full life cycle of game development
- You know one or more Low-Level Graphics APIs (Vulkan, OpenGL or Direct3D)
- You worked on one or more multiplayer networked games. Ideally persistent ones.
- You are a fan of large scale MMOs
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development.
- Join a well-funded and growing gaming studio in the centre of Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Flexible office hours
- Speak at and attend tech talks, meetups and gaming conferences
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Free membership with Urban Sports Club
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office with standing desks and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Well-stocked kitchen and free company lunches on Thursdays
- Relocation assistance and visa support
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.
Klang Games GmbH is looking to hire a Graphics Engineer at their Berlin location. Job contains the tags Tech, FX, English, Unity and Senior.
Job discovered on 2/21/2020