Halo Support Safety Manager
343 Industries is looking to hire a Halo Support Safety Manager at their Redmond, WA, USA location. Job contains the tags Unity.
343 Industries is seeking an experienced Safety Program Manager to develop and drive policies, processes, systems, and ticket management that ensure our players have a safe and positive online experience with Halo games and services.
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for day-to-day management of player behavior reports, investigations, content moderation, and enforcement for Halo games. The ideal candidate understands both customer support and safety programs, is highly motivated, requires minimal supervision, shares a strong commitment to our players, exhibits mental and emotional resiliency, and possess the ability to jump into ambiguity and drive consistent outcomes.
This position deals with sensitive and confidential materials and must abide by non-disclosure agreements and Xbox Community Standards.
- Work with key stakeholders to craft policies that can be operationalized while ensuring customer safety and encouraging service growth
- Own and drive policy compliance for in-studio enforcement needs, developing and maintaining clear safety boundaries including disciplinary action, exception reporting, and processes that align with our EULA and Xbox Community Standards
- Document specifications for in-product features to enable robust customer reporting of violations of safety policy
- Lead studio safety v-team, facilitating regular meetings, create regular reporting to share insights, trends, and areas of opportunity with stakeholders
- Launch enforcement projects, features and functions utilizing measurable impact, ensuring we deliver the highest standards of safety for Halo Players
- Coordinate closely with partner teams to continuously improve Halo Safety program via tooling, telemetry, and communications
- Develop and manage a notification and change process as new policies and processes take effect
- Review new game features and capabilities in the pipeline prior to release and identify experience risks that may drive enforcement volumes or impact customer safety
- Help handle day-to-day player reports, content moderation, enforcement-related tickets, investigations, and outcomes
- Provide training, management, oversight, and direction to agents handling enforcement and appeal tickets, driving to meet KPIs and find continuous opportunities for improvement
Qualifications / Skills
- 2+ years’ experience in a multimedia, game studio or video game development environment
- 2+ years’ experience working in community management, moderation, safety, enforcement, or related in the gaming industry
- Experience with customer security, safety, and privacy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Visio, Office 365
- Familiarity with the UGC (User Generated Content) in game and the mechanics of gaming features (chat, messaging, social spaces, matchmaking)
- Minimum 5 years user experience with Xbox Consoles, Steam and PC gaming
- Experience with Halo, understanding of games and our player community
- Experience with PC security landscape
- Experience working with a live service multiplayer game
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field (Computer Science, Multimedia)
- Experience writing safety or enforcement feature requests for development teams
- Experience working in 343 Industries or Xbox
- Experience with Zendesk, ADO, CMS (content management systems)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Job discovered on 10/14/2021