PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games is searching for a Hard Surface Outsourcing Artist who is responsible for integrating art assets from external vendors. In this role, you’ll create assets to be used by the environment team and supply actionable feedback on the art creation process during development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Creates comprehensive briefs, best practice documentation and OS packages to send to external vendors, with guidance from the Outsourcing (OS) Manager, and the Outsourcing (OS) Project Manager.
• Provides actionable feedback to vendors at key stages of asset creation: Low poly, high poly/sculpt, material bake and final delivery phases.
• Helps direct vendor work on multiple asset types including but not limited to hard surface, organic, vegetation, vehicles, materials and graphic design, under guidance and direction from the OS Manager, OS Project Manager, Art Director, and Lead Artists.
• Optimizes and polishes assets after external delivery including UVs, baking, material and texture adjustments and optimization.
• Works with environment artists to ensure Greymesh models, reference images and concept art is provided for all OS work with external partners.
• Has intricate knowledge of art tools and best practices for building environments including Maya/Max, Substance Designer, Photoshop, Zbrush, xNormal
• Maintains consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and Lead Artists.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (B.A) from a four-year college or university in Computer Art, Illustration, Game Design or Product Design or similar; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient foundational skills, including composition, design, and color theory.
• Proficient traditional painting skills and ability to create models and shaders for a range of art directions, from photorealistic to stylized.
• Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules.
• Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team.
• Prior experience working with external vendors is preferred.
• Proficient in modeling, sculpting, baking and UV layout in Maya, Max, or equivalent.
• Proficient in texture and material creation with Photoshop, Substance Painter, Substance Designer.
• Experience with ZBrush or other sculpting generating software a plus.
If you are interested in joining our Art team, please submit your application, resume and portfolio below. We look forward to reviewing your work!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as: