Junior Audio Programmer (C++) - Wilmslow
CloudImperium is looking to hire a Junior Audio Programmer (C++) - Wilmslow at their Wilmslow Dr, Oakwood, Derby DE21, UK location. Job contains the tags Max, C++, Sound and Programmer.
Cloud Imperium is looking for a Junior Audio Programmer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen.
You will work in-house at our studio in Manchester, UK, in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement game audio features and systems in Cloud Imperium’s games.
- Working on CIG's game titles in C++ to develop, maintain and optimise audio systems and audio game code
- Working day-to-day with members of the CIG Audio Team on audio implementation
- Collaborating closely with sound designers and dialogue & music implementation specialists on designing and engineering high-level audio systems to maximize the end user’s sonic experience
- Developing, enhancing, and optimizing the audio engine wherever possible
- Maintaining and improving the tools, assistive tech, and audio workflow within the game and editor
- Contributing to the maintenance of audio asset build systems, including the dialogue/localization pipeline
- Designing and producing unit testing/automated testing systems with an emphasis on audio
- Taking ownership of systems and iterating upon them; documenting where appropriate
- Sharing knowledge and expertise to improve the CIG Audio programming team as a whole
- Continually learning and improving your audio programming skills
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Good, relevant qualifications
- A passion for making and playing games
- Can work well in a cooperative team environment
- Knowledge of or strong interest in audio programming, principles of sound, acoustics, digital signal processing
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Familiarity with WWise, and/or other game audio systems
- Working demos
- Familiarity with game engines and middleware
- Multi-threaded programming skills and knowledge
- Understanding of networking code
- An interest in procedural audio techniques
Due to visa requirements for this specific role, we can only accept applicants that are eligible to work in the EU
This position is offered at our Wilmslow Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.
Job discovered on 3/12/2020