Gameloft is looking to hire a Junior Data Scientist at their Paris, France location. Job contains the tags Temp, English, French and Python.
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? Join The Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel®, Lamborghini® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 80 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
We are currently looking for a (Junior) Data Scientist to complement our Global Data Science team.
You will be part of our HQ data science team, report to our lead data scientist, and collaborate very closely with our live game teams and UA team. Together with other data analysts, data scientists and data engineers in the team, you will be able to deep dive into our massive player data in-game, use analytical methods, design experiments and apply machine learning predictions to continuously optimize our UA efficiency and drive game revenue.
From the beginning of your adventure with us, you will be called to:
- Mine large data sets at a fast-moving mobile game company and turn them into understandable and actionable insights
- Build and deploy different ML models that will be directly used by the game teams in their game to bring value
- Design and execute tests and experiments to measure the impact of your solutions
- Master our internal tracking, prediction pipeline and monitoring solutions
- Relevant academic background (PhD or Master) in a field related to data science, machine learning, applied mathematics/statistics, econometrics or equivalent fields.
- Solid knowledge in statistics
- Proficiency in Python (esp. pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, matplotlib, seaborn etc.)
- Proficiency with database and SQL, you care for data quality and perform data checks before modeling
- Familiarity with Machine Learning algorithms and practical implementation
- Autonomous and team player, proactive, detail-oriented
- Good oral skills and ability to present results to non-technical teams in a understandable way
- Fluent in English (French is not mandatory)
- Passionate about video games and the economy behind
- Prior experience performing quantitative analysis for an Internet or technology company
- Experience with ML from prototype to production
- Experience with time series forecast, reinforcement learning and recommendation models
- Kaggle experience
Work at Gameloft
- Gameloft is part of a large media group: Vivendi (one of our sister companies is Universal Music Group)
- Permanent contract, full-time position
- We offer relocation support from abroad
- An exceptional working environment right in the heart of Paris, halfway between Saint-Lazare Station and the Palais Opera Garnier.
- Other benefits at Gameloft HQ:
- Various fresh fruits at your disposal in the cafeteria will make you go bananas!
- Unlimited hot beverages whether you like tea or coffee, and if you if you like coffee you'll love our Nespresso machine with coffee from all over the world.
- Sports: Ping-Pong, football table, virtual football, real football, yearly football contest at Clairefontaine, and many more sports through Gymlib at special pricing!
- Lunch vouchers, competitive mutual insurance and prudential funds.
- Note for non-French citizens: In France, salaried employees receive health insurance, unemployment insurance, etc. We will explain the details if you need to relocate.
Job discovered on 7/26/2021