Lead Artist - Enterprise VR
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ForwardXP is expanding as we create leading edge VR enterprise experiences. In this position you will join a veteran team of engineers, designers and other senior leadership with decades of experience creating engaging interactive experiences. We bring our background in creating some of the largest video game franchises in history to create Enterprise VR experiences that go beyond anything else on the market today.
Our Enterprise VR team today works with teams across Facebook and Qualcomm to develop cutting-edge VR safety training, product demo and retail experiences as well as R&D support for unreleased hardware.
COVID-19 Update: ForwardXP is based in Dallas, Texas, and we have transitioned to a mostly work-from-home model during this time. The Art Lead - Enterprise VR role specifically is intended to be an on-site role in our Dallas office once the world gets back to normal. Our goal right now is to find great talent, but also be flexible and accommodating to everyone's individual circumstances during these difficult times.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Reporting to our Studio Art Director, you will lead and guide a team of artists to build environments, assets and visual effects that look great and are highly performant on mobile VR platforms such as the Oculus Quest. Our VR Training projects blend high fidelity objects with VR-friendly spaces, UI overlays, animations, and other effects to give users the feeling they’re working with and training on real equipment, while bringing visual elements that can only be achieved in VR to fully engage learners in the experience.
Our work on mobile VR platforms means performance is the name of the game!
- Lead the Enterprise VR Art team across multiple projects
- Work with the Enterprise Production Team to define art needs for projects and deliverables
- Work with Studio Art leadership to define art style and guidelines for each project
- Contribute to asset creation, optimization and troubleshooting work along-side the team
- Work with our clients to ensure we’re exceeding their expectations with every project
- Experience leading interactive art teams
- Experience building interactive real-time experiences, ideally for VR
- Familiar with real-time applications like Unreal 4 or Unity
- You are an experienced technical modeler, with an understanding of how to create models that look amazing, but are efficient and low-cost.
- You have a solid texture and material skillset, with an eye towards performance
- Creative and technical problem solving skills to find solutions that are as cheap as possible on-device while balancing visual quality
- You have a critical eye and are able to give your team constructive, appropriate feedback
- You are a very organized person, able to keep your team and yourself focused and on-track across multiple projects and deadlines
- Familiar with current 2D and 3D content creation tools
- Knowledgeable with mobile platform technical constraints
- Passion for industrial design and communication
- Game development experience is a big plus
ForwardXP is looking to hire a Lead Artist - Enterprise VR at their Dallas, TX location. Job contains the tags VR, Lead, Unity, Unreal, English and Art.
Job discovered on 1/14/2021