Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Represent the audio team within a collaborative multidiscipline environment; define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key voice for the sound design of the project.
The Audio Design Team
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive;
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within your team.
- Support the Audio Director in assessing project needs and quality, identifying tasks and prioritising them for the audio team;
- Taking a pro-active approach to ensure that audio is part of the game feature development process at an early stage in the development cycle.
- Coordinate and communicate with all project teams to ensure audio is represented and needs and dependencies are tracked and risks are mitigated;
- Challenge team members whenever necessary to ensure that all technical decisions are sound and based on facts;
- Oversee the team’s quality of work and ensure it meets expectations established with the Audio Director, providing support and help to the team to achieve this;
- Establish and document the audio pipeline based on the creative direction and define technical audio needs (tools, process, etc.) for the project to ensure proper integration, in collaboration with the Audio Director and the Audio Programmers;
- Support and mentor the audio designers to ensure the best technical and workflow practices maintained while ensuring that the team’s work meets quality standard and remains in line with the audio vision
- Support collaboration and knowledge sharing within the team and with teams from other projects.
Skills and Knowledge
- Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.);
- Excellent knowledge of DAW tools and audio processing;
- Excellent knowledge of Wwise;
- Knowledge of current engines an asset;
- Leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Sense of initiative;
- Comfortable working within a remote team environment;
- 5 years’ minimum experience in audio for video games or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in sound design or other relevant training;
- Experience managing a team of people in a professional environment;
- Proven track record in audio design having shipped at least 2 games within the audio design discipline; preferably full cycle on a ‘AAA’ console title.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.