For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Build Engineer to join our Magic: The Gathering Arena team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Lead Build Engineer uses their expert knowledge to define and implement continuous integration systems that support the software engineering team. You will be responsible for managing the build team as well as clearly communicating technology designs and decisions within the team. You will develop and implement automated build and deployment pipelines for our development, testing and production environments.
Day to Day Responsibilities For This Wizard
- Directly manages and supervises a team of build and release engineers
- Create and support daily builds and deployments for multiple projects (live and under development).
- Build system automation and tools that are flexible across multiple software products and operating systems.
- Collaborate with team members across business units to come up with creative solutions to challenging obstacles.
- Work closely with Development and Quality Assurance to solve complex build system issues.
- Troubleshooting Build and Deployment errors
- Fixing build/deployment problems that occur via code and/or configuration management
- Pro-actively addressing issues via communication and if necessary, hands-on work
- Update and maintain build and deployment configuration.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the source code repository.
- Build and release process contributions.
- Must be able to work with a variety of other departments to triage and troubleshoot build and deployment related issues.
- Understanding the technical challenges that arise from developing on multiple platforms.
- Must be able to plan and develop technical roadmaps, technical documentation and help determine priorities
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 5-8 years of experience in build and deployment technologies
- 3-5 years working with C#
- 3-5 years working with .NET
- 3-5 years working with scripting languages such as: PowerShell, NAnt, Python
- 1-3 years of experience managing software development teams
- Experience working with Perforce or related version control tools
- Experience with Jenkins or related continuous integration tools
- Strong coding, debugging and problem solving
- Strong communication and collaboration
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Evaluate, define, implement and operate our tools for build, deployment and release
- Document all build procedures and educate new team members on best practices
- Continuously improve reliability, scalability and performance of build systems
- Skilled at leading and coaching talented software developers
- Ability to write readable and maintainable code
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in various roles
- Mentors and guides team members to improve in quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Help troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise on pre-production and production environments
- Unity development and mobile development are a plus
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.