We are looking for Team Leader Gameplay Engineer for Faraway (game development company)
What we do?
We are developing a Fun-packed MMO shooter for PC http://miniroyale2.io/ and preparing to deliver a meta-universe for millions of players all over the world.
We provide the ability for players all over the world to play qualitative and fun games just by sharing a link with their friends. Forget about downloading heavy content.
Who we are:
We are a remote multicultural game development team, founded in 2021. Our team consists of experienced professionals with experience in companies like Glu Mobile (now part of Electronic Arts), Wargaming, Mail.ru etc. Now we already have 20+ members who love to play games, not less than create it. We are building a culture which will unite talented and ambitious people in the world where everyone will be able to learn from each other and drive the final result.
We already have sustainable and reliable financing, and we have a clear roadmap for the current year, which we deliver step-by-step.
Responsibilities, what to do:
• Lead a gameplay development of multiplayer shooter and other Faraway projects
• Create scalable, high-performance games and social applications
• Implement new features, tools, and services to support the needs of multiple teams (engineering, art, operations) in project development.
• Develop new game mechanics and services.
• Create a custom content platform.
• Collaborate with other team members to release functionality at the highest level of quality in a timely manner.
What's important to us:
• Team Leadership experience, game play logics development experience
• 7+ years of game development or experience in a related industry;
• WebGL experience is a big plus;
• Experience writing unit, e2e-tests;
• Experience of working at WG, Gaijin, Pixonic, Pixelgun/Cubic, Mailru/Whalekit, MyTona, Saber Interactive, etc. or other studios that have made F2P shooters in Russia/CIS;
We want at least 1 of the following two:
• they worked on shooters core gameplay and understand shooters gameplay well
What would be helpful:
• Experience in the game industry and a desire to make games;
• Experience with PlayCanvas, Three.js or Babylon.js;
• Experience with webGL;
• Experience with AI in games, bot logic, game algorithms and paths;
• Experience working on first or third person shooters is a big plus;
• Experience profiling and debugging client code;
• Interest in new technology;
• Personal interest in video games, especially major free-to-play MMOs and shooters.
Focus on result, optimism, determination, high work capacity, responsibility, attentiveness, diligence, punctuality and stress tolerance.
Written and oral English.
• Prospects for professional and career growth and development;
• Good white wages and bonuses;
• Salary is paid on a card or account in Ukraine, Russia, USA, EU;
• Full-time, 5/7;
• Distributed around the world team working in the MSC + - 2-3 hours;
• Registration of the Labour Code of Ukraine, Russia or the USA, possible relocation in the EU;
• Friendly young team of well-rounded technical and humanitarian success-oriented people;
• Close-knit team built on the principles of mutual respect and mutual support;
• Democratic leadership and clear communication;
• The opportunity not only to work and earn, but also to learn something new.
Interview in Russian or English
How many stages of interviews:
• pre-screen with recruiter;
• interview with HR;
• test technical task;
• Technical interview with Tech leader (in the project).
Faraway Inc. is looking to hire a Lead Gameplay Engineer at their Remote location. Job contains the tags Remote, Senior, Lead, English, Russian and Programmer.
Job discovered on 10/7/2021