Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Lead an engineering team within a collaborative multidiscipline environment with a focus on the three pillars of Leadership at Ubisoft: Care about People, Drive Performance and Development and Lead in Complexity.
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive;
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within your team.
- Work with production, engineers, design and art team leads to create task estimates and schedules for the engineering team and track development efforts across the team;
- Ensure your team participates in standard studio development processes;
- Liaise with internal and external middleware technology providers, and console manufacturers;
- Balance active code development with the management requirements and responsibilities of a discipline lead;
- Ensure the delivery of practical and timely solutions by the engineering team that meets the game design and technical requirements;
- Ensure code is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system by leading regular technical design and code reviews;
- Define good programming practices and coding standards, and ensure they are enforced within the engineering team through regular peer code reviews;
- Ensure the creation of technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines, and assist in the creation of submission materials as required;
- Continually review the game and development processes to identify potential improvements;
- Be an advocate and ambassador for technology sharing across projects;
- Supporting the line manager in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with excellent knowledge of object oriented development;
- Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools – MS Project, Jira, etc;
- Able to create, manage and track schedules for a team of engineers;
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent oral and written communication and general soft skills;
- Excellent knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind;
- Knowledge of most areas of game development (physics, AI, gameplay, rendering, online, tools, UI, audio) with expertise in at least 1 area;
- Proven ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a significant complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module;
- In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc;
- Proven ability to debug defects of a significant complexity, including memory related issues, multi-threading, and assembly level debugging.
- Experience managing and leading technical staff;
- Several years of commercial software development experience as a senior engineer with significant involvement in 2 published games a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.