Lead, Polymer Optics Fabrication Engineer
Magic Leap is looking to hire a Lead, Polymer Optics Fabrication Engineer at their Austin, TX, USA location. Job contains the tags Lead, Max, Physics and Programmer.
The Lead, Polymer Optics Fabrication Engineer will work in the Advanced Photonics group. This individual will innovate and lead technology R&D for manufacturing, characterization and metrology of nanophotonic devices, and their integration engineering. This position requires working extensively in a clean-room environment.
- Innovate and lead technology R&D for manufacturing, characterization, metrology and integration engineering of wafer-scale polymer optical devices integrating nano-photonics
- Define and prototype new processes and architectures, and deliver proof of concept devices.
- Develop and optimize innovative and scalable nanofabrication processes, transfer to volume trials, verify performance KPIs and consistency
- Develop scaling paths for precision optical fabrication processes towards pilot production volumes
- Develop tools and procedures for optical and mechanical characterization of photonic devices.
- This position requires working extensively in a clean-room laboratory environment.
- Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, materials science, applied physics or a closely related field of concentration
- Hands-on, 4+ years of experience in micro and nanofabrication processes, optical materials and mechanical characterization, focus on resins, polymer materials, light-guide and waveguide structures, polymer optics
- Hands-on 2+ experience in contact and e-beam lithography, soft lithography (mastering, molding and replication), wafer bonding, CVD, PVD, dry and wet etching.
- Ability to work well under pressure and aggressive deadlines.
- Proven track record of research, including publications or patents.
- Experience of delving into scientific literature to reinforce hypotheses, and developing plans with scientific knowledge.
- Proven ability to effectively work as a member of a team.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to establish strong working relationships across the organization.
- Must be data driven and capable of developing and executing engineering test plans and capturing a robust set of data.
- Must be articulate and capable of producing reports and presentations that concisely address the matters assigned
- Working knowledge of Comsol, Zemax, Matlab a plus
- Managerial experience a plus
- Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, materials science, applied physics or a closely related field of concentration.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Job discovered on 8/28/2020