Lead, Software Engineer, DevOps AR/VR
Plantation, FL; Sunnyvale, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Austin, TX; Seattle, WA; Remote
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
Magic Leap is looking for a Lead Production Engineer to focus on architecture, migrate, manage and support our cloud software. This hybrid software/systems engineer ensures that cloud services run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth.
- Solid hands-on experience in architecting and designing Cloud solutions for customer-facing applications
- Define best practices around making our systems and services measurable and work with our various teams to get those best practices applied
- Collaborate with our global Engineering & Platform teams to ensure our services, platforms and infrastructure are emitting the right metrics
- Work in a DevOps centric CI/CD environment
- Builds and supports tools and systems that Cloud Engineers use to deploy their software into production
- Collect, aggregate, and visualize the collected metrics to provide actionable insight
- 5 years of experience in software engineering or DevOps.
- Prior experience with instrumenting mission-critical services on a globally distributed level, using cloud hosting providers like AWS, GCP, and more
- Experience working with containers (Docker, ECS, etc.)
- Strong grasp of IaC and IaaS (Terraform, CloudFormation, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with building modern web applications using microservices
- Coding experience in languages such as Python, Go, C#, Java
- Prior experience with Cloud Watch, StackDriver, Prometheus, Data Dog, Sumo Logic
- Experience migrating workloads from AWS to GCP
- Prior experience integrating to event management systems such as Pager Duty
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or an equivalent degree
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines