At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
How would you like to help create the next great digital product for Dungeons & Dragons®? We are looking for a hardworking, inspirational, and experienced Lead Software Engineer to join our leadership team in bringing D&D to life!
- Work with other high-talent, high-experience developers that share your passions
- Collaborate directly with designers and artists to create story-telling technologies
- Lead the organization in architecting and implementing clients and services in support of large-scale, online gaming platforms
- Think creatively to find systemic solutions that push animation fidelity and/or increase efficiency
What you'll do:
- Innovate on new and existing Dungeons & Dragons creative processes to better deliver enjoyable, accessible, engaging, narrative experiences for our existing and new players.
- Drive quality, extensible, architecture that scales, is efficient to operate, and resilient enough for the challenges of live game operations.
- Share core engineering principles with your team, working hands-on with them to achieve success when necessary, and ultimately growing their expertise through practical application.
- Direct internal and external resources in the creation of premier 2D and 3D technologies.
- Rapidly prototype a variety of concepts to actualize the product vision.
- Manage outside resources to flex bandwidth while maintaining a coherent code base.
What you’ll bring
- 10 years’ experience crafting video game technology
- 5 years’ experience as a lead engineer or tech director
- The genuine enjoyment of working with others
- A motivated tech leader with experience creating and playing RPGs, especially D&D and a leadership style that succeeds through teamwork.
- Communicates well and does not hesitate to initiate dialog with the relevant partners
- A passion for mentoring, guiding, and inspiring teams of engineers
- Willingness to help troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise
- Experience working with other engineering and product teams to integrate multiple service technologies
- Familiarity with multiple 3D engines (Unity3D, Unreal 4, proprietary, etc.) and programming languages (C#, C++)
- Extensive knowledge of interactive software production processes, timelines, tools, and methodologies, especially in a live product environment
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.