Who We Are
Take-Two develops, publishes and markets some of the world's biggest games. We publish products through our labels Rockstar Games, 2K, Ghost Story, PlayDots, Social Point as well as Private Division label and Nordeus. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program, Ancestors and The Outer Worlds.
Intercept Games is a development studio currently focused on the creation of Kerbal Space Program 2. We have a deep passion for space, simulation, strategy, and of course all things video games. Our studio prioritizes an inviting and diverse workplace that pushes creativity and passion for what we do, resulting in games that we can truly be proud of.
What You’ll Take On
As an Engineering Lead on our team, you will be responsible for establishing the team and leading the delivery of all software associated with a new title at Intercept Games. Working alongside other team leads, you are a clear communicator, and a standout colleague. You have high standards and solid criteria for interviewing and hiring your engineering team, an evidence-based evaluation process for helping them make the best decisions, and a long term strategic view towards both shipping a high quality game and growing the careers of your team members. Your technical skills will allow you to guide your team toward making deep contributions to critical technologies that make our products outstanding. We expect our leaders to hold the team to high standards by participating in and demonstrating good practices for code reviews, system design, documentation, and testing. While you may, from time to time, write software for your project, this is not your primary responsibility; leading your team to success is. Together, we will build amazing teams and products, and deliver software that drives us to shipping a game that our players will love!
What You Bring
● Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
● 5+ years of professional software engineering management experience.
● High level of proficiency with C#, C++, or an equivalent OO Language.
● Has led an engineering team for, or developed software on, at least one shipping game on the Desktop, Xbox, or Playstation platforms.
●Possesses strong communication skills, is inspirational, empathetic, and has the ability to work closely and deftly with a team of peers.
● Experience with the Unity Game Engine or Unreal.
● Strong skills around CI, VCS, and a metrics-driven approach to performance optimization.
● Experience with developing for multiple simultaneous game consoles, such as the Xbox and Playstation platforms.
● A passion for space exploration, rocketry, satellites, and related entertainment media.
What We Offer You
● Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
● Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
● Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
● Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Intercept Games is looking to hire a Lead Software Engineer at their Seattle, WA location. Job contains the tags C#, C++, Lead, Programmer, Physics, Unity, Unreal and English.