Street Smarts VR is a Virtual Reality-based training platform for law enforcement and military personnel. We strive to provide our first responders and troops with realistic and cutting-edge training scenarios that help improve their safety and job performance. Our team is growing rapidly and we are looking for people who want to make an impact. We are building lifesaving software and we want more team members who are seeking mission-driven opportunities to help save lives.
We are looking for a talented Senior Technical Artist to join our team and help make this vision a reality by creating digital assets, environments, and technical rigging. The Senior Technical Artist is expected to have a high familiarity with using HoudiniFX and Unity3D within a production environment. A deep understanding of Houdini production tools and the ability to develop procedural assets as required by the production team are essential.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Create low-poly photo realistic environment props that can be used in Houdini and Houdini Engine for Unity3D
- Set up bipedal characters and facial rigs
- Set up and optimize scenes in Unity3D
- Become a partner for animators and help identify tools and techniques to improve the animation workflow
- Create solutions and tools that enhance the creation process and optimize pipeline for prototyping and production environments
- Offer technical support to the art team in day-by-day production issues
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Define and estimate tasks in a well-organized manner
What you bring with you:
- 3+ years experience in game development or indie game development as a Technical Artist
- 3+ years experience using Houdini within a production environment
- An expert level understanding of technical considerations in creating environments and characters for virtual reality
- Expert knowledge of the high-poly to low-poly workflow
- Understand lighting and scene setup in a VR setting
- Ability to use texturing skills in Substance Painter and Mari and an understanding of the PBR workflow
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
- Programming or scripting skills such as HScript, VEX, Python, or C# would be very useful, but are not essential
Please send your resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to your online portfolio or demo reel
What we offer:
- An opportunity to help our communities
- Multiple healthcare benefit options
- 401k plan
- Remote work possible
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employer
Street Smarts VR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Street Smarts VR is looking to hire a Lead Technical Artist at their New York, NY location. Job contains the tags VR, Rigging, Senior, Lead, Houdini, Substance Painter, Unity, C#, Animation, Environment, Character, Lighting, Art and ZBrush.
Job discovered on 7/22/2020