Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Manager, Live Broadcast Production, you will build Riot Games Southeast Asia’s Esports Broadcast infrastructure and deliver the next generation of esports experience. You are a visionary and showrunner. You will design exciting shows, build an organization and execute these broadcasts with excellence. This role will report directly to the Head of SEA Esports and continue to set higher expectations for our esports fans. You will drive excitement and passion for our various esports and locations and grow the esports scene with proactive development of esports and broadcast products.
As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore team oversees the Southeast Asia region: Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
- Produce new, genre-defining esports broadcasts for SEA.
- Craft show structure and source relevant show elements, review scripts and talent development, test and incorporate new show builds and tech elements, build rundowns, and manage Esports staff.
- Build up shoutcasting and esports host systems across the SEA region
- Liaise with the Esports team to determine scheduling, verify show info, accommodate sponsorship stunts, align online content and crossovers, rehearse and execute shows, and address all other broadcast needs.
- Keep tabs on gameplay, team news, and trends.
- Establish credibility for Riot Esports, explain our value proposition and build relationships with the local esports broadcast community.
- Degree in Sports or Business Administration, or equivalent degree with relevance to the role
- 5+ years of experience in senior positions in esports or sports league broadcast
- Experience working with AAA esports and the ability to generate new ideas and translate them into high-quality broadcasts.
- Experience serving well-established fan audiences while inviting in new fans.
- Knowledge of all aspects of contemporary production, post-production and VFX capabilities.
- Outstanding editorial judgment and creative abilities
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills in English.
- Experience in setting up RFPs and tender processes
- Comprehensive understanding of the players in the gaming, esports, technology and entertainment verticals
- Command of a relevant language preferred but not required (Mandarin, Thai, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Bahasa Malay/Indonesian)
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Covered phone bills
- Daily food allowance
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.