Your Mission is:
The Live Operations Analytics team is adding a talented individual to manage a team of Data Analysts embedded within our partner game studios. As a manger on the Live Ops Analytics team, it is your mission is to deliver game critical analytics and reporting to our partner studios.
· Work closely with various stakeholders to investigate topics related to player experience, game performance, systems tuning and overall business strategy
· Work with partner studios to determine what analyses and reports the Live Ops Analytics team will develop to drive current business decisions for our live Call of Duty titles
· Utilize analysis and studies prepared by the team that improve long-term decision making
· Deliver presentations on analytic topics and results to both technical and non-technical audiences
What you will bring to the team:
The ideal candidate will be a motivated data expert who is able to effectively lead a team of Analysts to help deliver insights and recommendations to the business. Your success will be reflected by:
· Demonstrated business impact, with a focus on player engagement, and player experience
· Clear, concise, and data-driven insights leading to the optimization of game systems
· Relationships & communication – as the team manager, you build trust between the studio, leadership, and other live services cross functional teams and are a conduit of knowledge to & from Global Analytics
· BA/BS degree required with a technical focus (e.g., computer science, physics, engineering)
· Proven leadership skills with 2+ years of experience leading a team of Analysts or Data Scientists
· Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively work in cross-functional teams
· Strong SQL skills along with experience using R or Python for data analysis
· Understanding of AB testing and quasi-experiment methodologies
· Skilled at being able to derive the narrative from the data and tell convincing stories
· Gameplay analysis experiences a plus, with a solid understanding of user engagement and monetization strategies in gaming, entertainment, ecommerce service providers, or mobile apps
About Santa Monica Headquarter
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.