As a Manager, UX Design at Riot, you are responsible for building out design teams across multiple product teams, in addition to contributing work to products of higher complexity and strategic importance.
As Manager, UX Design on the Marketing Products Initiative you will focus on building a team of UX specialists to work with product teams in the initiative. The Marketing Products Initiative creates products to support channel marketing across Global Marketing at Riot, including web, game-client publishing, creator programs and more. You will set the vision for and build a team around player experience across marketing channels. You'll build and manage a team that works from concept through development and work with product managers, senior creatives and visual designers.
You will report into the Director, Channel Strategy and be integrated deeply into the greater UX Discipline at Riot.
- Collaborate across teams to design large-scale, marketing products for players
- Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to stakeholders
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/ research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes)
- Manage 1-2 UX designers across marketing product teams
- Break down experiences thoughtfully for teams to be able to ship value incrementally (i.e., Minimum viable experience)
- Manage external/vendor UX ICs
- Manage experiential quality and consistency across features end-to-end
- Work with Design discipline leadership to establish design best-practices and quality standards
- 5+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- 2+ years experience managing people
- Experience managing multiple projects at a time
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch or other industry design and prototyping tools
- 6+ years experience in user experience design or interactive design
- 4+ years experience managing people
- B.A. in Human-Computer Interaction, Visual Design, Interaction Design, User Experience Design, or a related field
- Experience working in the entertainment industry or creator space
- As a part of the application process, you will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.