Position at Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
We are looking for experienced and accomplished Character Artists to make their mark on our new undisclosed IP, contributing to the creation of genre-defining games.
The right candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent creative, technical and visual skill. You will be an accomplished artist with a passion for creating characters/creatures with the ability to produce stunning, high quality and efficient game content.
As a Character Artist you will have a proven track record producing 3D character assets for AAA titles.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Be responsible for the creation of all character content, playable and non-playable characters
- Communicate and collaborate with various members of the team as well as the wider dev teams
- Be a proactive team player, working closely with cross-discipline teams to create high fidelity, believable, character content, work with technical animation team to create solid placeholder meshes that work within any rig restrictions as well as the technical art team
- Provide workflow improvement suggestions to improve productivity
- All applicants should have an up-to-date portfolio
- Exceptional Artistic ability
- Demonstrable organic modelling ability
- Developed understanding of contemporary workflows and processes
- Expert knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya
- Expert knowledge of Zbrush
- Expert knowledge of Marvelous Designer
- A practical, working knowledge of Substance Painter or Designer
- A strong comprehension of PBR
- Experience with current commercial games engines
- Willingness to learn new tools and pipelines.
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio/showreel (or link to a portfolio/showreel). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.