Magic Leap is looking to hire a Optical Design Engineer at their Plantation, FL, USA location. Job contains the tags Max, C++, C#, Python and Programmer.
Magic Leap is looking for a Optical Design Engineer. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the development of novel optical systems. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation in the interdisciplinary areas of optical design and testing, device fabrication, display technologies, image processing, and color sciences.
- Experience in the field of optics / optical design with a strong emphasis on shepherding devices through iterative stages of concept, design/modeling, design for manufacture, fabrication, bench assessment/metrology, and field assessment.
- Strong working knowledge of optical metrology methods and instrumentation. Experience developing novel instruments and/or methods for both objective assessment of design to as built.
- Proficiency in commercial optical design software tools (e.g. Zemax, CodeV etc. ). Experience in one or more scientific computer languages (e.g. Matlab, Mathematica, C/C++/C#, Python, etc.).
- Knowledge of designing optical systems with diffractive or nano-structured surfaces
- Basic knowledge of illumination design
- Working knowledge of polarization and characterization methods.
- Creative/analytical & critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Job discovered on 6/21/2021