Player Experience: Live QA Specialist
CloudImperium is looking to hire a Player Experience: Live QA Specialist at their Austin, TX, USA location. Job contains the tags Unity, Lua and Test.
The Live QA Specialist at Cloud Imperium Games play tests various version of Star Citizen to gauge the viability of features and updates to the game from a player perspective as part of the larger Live QA Team.
This role will assist in the assessment of game quality from its inception as a release candidate all the way to and including its publish to the Live service. In addition to detecting, tracking, and triaging bugs and errors, this position will also evaluate the health of the build from a holistic and aesthetic perspective as the goal of the Live QA Team is to ensure stability and fun.
Standard analytical QA skills will be helpful in this role to isolate and reproduce bugs, as will an extensive gaming background, an encyclopedic knowledge of Star Citizen, and an ability to view the gaming experience from a user perspective.
Tasks are subject to evolve as this team grows and as business demands change.
- Play test various builds of Star Citizen
- Efficiently analyze and create reproduction steps of bugs personally encountered
- Analyze player feedback on Issue Council to create reproduction steps of bugs encountered
- Attend any number of regular development and planning meetings, as well as daily, publish team syncs
- Maintain constant familiarization with game content and the live gameplay experience
- Collaborate with stakeholders on data and survey collection efforts
- Identify areas of opportunity for improving the features, updates, and changes to the user experience
- Any other such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games consistent with the employee’s skills and experience.
- Reports to the Player Experience Team Manager;
- Ability to coordinate across studios and territories to work with stakeholders in every office;
- Encyclopedic knowledge of Star Citizen gameplay with working knowledge of Heap/Tycoon;
- Excellent organization and communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Windows-based software computer applications and equipment;
- Knowledge of online game and e-commerce behavior;
- Effective listening skills;
- Willingness to co-operate with players and developers in a patient and constructive way;
- Multi-tasking capabilities;
- Willingness to be flexible on schedule during peak play periods and during game updates;
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time;
- Must be willing to work through online video and chat with colleagues across the globe;
- Is a self-starter and can work regularly without oversight but also with a team when required;
- Can work independently as well as part of an international team;
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality;
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures;
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization;
- Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas, through a variety of media, to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience, helping them understand and retain the message, and permitting response and feedback from the listener;
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences;
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict;
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits;
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization;
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective player solutions. Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem-solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates;
- Has a high degree of patience navigating a variety of troubleshooting situations;
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations;
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed;
Job discovered on 5/5/2021