Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Be responsible for defining and developing the games Presentation Direction that will become the “2D Visual Signature” for the product.
- Conceptualize, develop and supervise the direction for:
o Development of the visual identity at a brand and product level;
o The game’s user interface (map, navigation, HUD);
o The games menus and outer shell;
o In-game environmental branding and world building 2D assets;
o Environmental interfaces, in-world interactions with UX considerations whilst staying within the brand and game fantasy;
- Champion and drive accessibility through user interface and 2D based content;
- Create and maintain templates and presentation guidelines for internal and external communication;
- Work with community feedback and the evolving needs of the product to iterate and refine presentation elements;
- Work directly with brand and marketing teams to ensure consistency and accuracy in the consumer facing presentation of the product;
- Champion and drive the execution of tonal elements through the means of 2D presentation, considering input from art, narrative, audio and brand.
- Contribute to the overall design process and artistic direction of the game;
- Work with the Audio Director to ensure that the audio is in line with Presentation direction and overall creative vision;
- Work with the Art Director to set the style and the most appropriate look-and-feel for the game. Ensure that all contributing artists understand the presentation signature;
- Develop with the internal brand team the visual direction and marketing presentation of the game;
- Develop and work with internal brand team in how the games presentation direction will translate into marketing assets and guidelines;
- Supervise internal presentation and development materials, being consistent with the game’s presentation signature;
- Ensure the creative vision is clear and understood by all contributing artists and designers across multiple development locations, while fostering collaboration and communication best practices;
- Attend and contribute to game playtests to feed into the overall development and iteration of the game;
- Work with centralised studio teams and production teams to identify talent and develop the internal team’s skill sets.
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of game design and how it relates to presentation elements;
- Ability to communicate a direction through multiple means of delivery;
- Strong understanding of usability and user experience;
- Knowledge of the current games market and industry trends;
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with other disciplines/skill sets within a production team;
- Ability to give and receive feedback from a range of seniorities and job disciplines;
- Understands visual storytelling and has the ability to direct compelling imagery that creates an emotional response.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the creation and direction of User Interfaces within the game industry. Relevant experience from other industries will be considered;
- Experience working with brands and developing visual guidelines.
Benefits and Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.