Principal, Software Engineer
Magic Leap is looking to hire a Principal, Software Engineer at their Orlando, FL, USA location. Job contains the tags Remote, Unity, C++, C#, Java, Python, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB and Programmer.
ML Horizons is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join our development group. This is an opportunity to join a team building applications and highly scalable services to support a suite of augmented based demands. You will work with the team to create secure, multi-tenant services (client and server) including integrations with 3rd party SDKs and platform features. You will work closely with our Business Development group to identify product requirements, with the goal of implementing deployable software solutions that serve our defense and public sector customer needs within the AR/VR space.
- Implement systems from technical designs with clean, well-commented, and well-tested code
- Participate in development planning and prioritization
- Participate in the professional development of a world-class team of Engineers
- Contribute to team success through code and architectural reviews, as well as cross-departmental presentations and knowledge sharing
- Create, champion, and drive flexible architectures and implementations that enable our mission
- Participate in the vetting, recommendation, and hiring of engineering resources
- Experience with a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Experience with room-based architectures such as Photon, SmartFox, etc.
- Understanding of streaming, low bandwidth methods of delivering real time data from/to consuming client applications
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP, REST)
- Proficient with Unity, Git, Perforce, Jira
- Proficient with Docker and containerized deployments
- Ability to lead others and resolve team issues with limited guidance
- Experience architecting, implementing, and maintaining client and server-side SDKs for internal and external customers.
- Developed and deployed at least two professional quality products in the multiplayer/networked space
- BA/BS in Computer Science (or equivalent), with 7+ years of practical experience.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Job discovered on 6/5/2021